29. The New CEO.

***Siya's POV.***

I reapply my lipstick, then look at myself in the mirror and ask Karan, "Do the pleats look okay?"

"Don't worry." He says, coming up behind me, "They are doing fine. They will live."

"Stop it, doc." I say.

"Okay. I am going out now. Come soon. We have yet to have that dance. I am waiting for my feet to be murdered by you." He says with a teasing smile.

I roll my eyes and say, "I will."

I took out the comb from the pouch that I brought in and Karan was about to leave when I stopped him again, "Wait a sec..."

"What?" He asks.

"Almost forgot..." I say then straighten his tie, "There... Now you look perfect."

He smiles and goes to bend, but I step back and say, "Kissing counter is closed for the time being."

"The hassles of kissing your secret girlfriend at an event." He says with a sigh and turns to leave.

"But it will be open when I win." I say with a smile.

"You mean when I win. Don't forget you gave me your luck today." He says.

"I have enough luck to survive a lifetime." I say and he shakes his head and leaves.

As I comb my hair, my thoughts return to what happened earlier. Something has been off ever since this competition started. I didn't know what it was exactly, but I am beginning to think if all that has been happening lately is merely a coincidence or something more.

Maybe it is just my imagination, but...

I shake my head and pack up my pouch and head for the party again. As I turn the knob, it gets stuck. I tried it again and it is not turning again.

"What the-" I stop and try it again.

Suddenly the door opens and Shravan comes in with a naughty grin as he says, "Scared you, didn't I?"

"You idiot." I say and push him away.

"Come on. I just wanted you to relax." He says.

"By scaring me?" I ask.

"Yes." He says with a smile.

"Sometimes you are such a child." I say.

"Just like you." he says and I glare at him, "Now, stop glaring at me. Guess who is finally here?"

"Bade Dadu!" I exclaim happily when I see him and rush towards him.

"My Siya..." Bade Dadu says as I touch his feet, then give him a kiss on the cheek, "How is my angel? Missed me?"

"Yes." I say.

"How much?" He asks.

"This... No this much." I say, spreading my arms then giving him a hug as he chuckles.

"Now go greet your Badi Dadi and Dadu. I can literally see smoke coming out of their ears." Bade Dadu whispers and I chuckle.

"Okay." I say then turn to Badi Dadi, "Badi Dadi!"

"Siya!" She says and takes me in her embrace before I can touch her feet, "Oh, I missed you all so much."

"Then you should come and stay with us more." Mom says as she comes to touch her feet.

"I want to, but you know we can't travel much. But today we had to come and especially now that we are here... Shaurya, come here my child." Badi Dadi says.