46. Strong Family.

Only one update today. Will update the other two chapters tomorrow and then two epilogues.

Thank you. 😊❤️

***Siya's POV.***

"Are you ready?" Karan asks, just as I finish tying my hair up in a ponytail.

"Yes." I say and pack up my stuff in the bag as I ask, "Why are you still here?"

"Because I am coming with you." He says.

"No, you are not." I say.

"What? Are we still arguing about this?" Karan asks.

"No, we are not." I say.

"Good. Then let's go." He says, and I raise my brow at him.

"We are not arguing because I have decided that I am doing this alone." I say and before he can protest, I raise my hand for him to stop and continue, "Just like you are going to find that evidence alone."

"Is this payback?" He asks with a frown.

"No... I just want you to focus on your mission while trusting me to finish mine." I say.

He sighs heavily, then says, "Fine. But promise me you will call me if you need me."

"Would you call me if you will need me?" I ask.

"Sure." He says, immediately.

"Then I will too. Although I don't think my mission is as dangerous as yours." I say as I get back to packing and zip it close.

"Telling our family the truth is not dangerous? I don't believe that." He says, shaking his head, then takes our bag.

I wrap my arm around him as we leave the room and say, "Nothing I can't handle. You are forgetting I am the princess, my dear. And brats like me always get their way, especially when they are on the path of good."

He smiles down at me and then shakes his head.

Vedi is accompanying me to get the signature of my family. I already called everyone in my extended family about our meeting at 11. It would be easy to inform everyone about the situation and get their signature if they agree immediately and start the proceedings as we only have less than two days.

While we will spend the whole day doing this... Karan and Kabir would be keeping tabs on Mr Sahni's movement as soon as he lands in Chandigarh and trap him to find the evidence. Their plan is old and simple, yet risky.

"Will you be alright?" I ask.

"I will be fine." He says and opens the door for me.

"Promise me you will call me when you get your hands on the evidence." I say.

"You will be the first to know." He says and kisses my forehead.

As we drive away, I pray for everything to go well.

"Don't worry, Siya Di. This day was going to come someday. But you do remember my involvement in the story?" She asks and I turn to look at her with a frown, "Of course you do."

"Vedi, you should tell everyone what you do. It is better they know it from you than anyone else, especially Ved Mamu. You know how much he would be upset." I say.

"I know. But I love my job of being boss and I really want to keep doing this... Helping people." She says.

I smile and say, "Okay. I will remember your story. But think again, Vedi, imagine how jealous Amara would get when she knows about your profession?"