43. Invincible Team.

***Karan's POV.***

Next Morning...

Tick-tick-tick-tick-tick-tick...

"Ugh! Where is it?" I ask as I search for the alarm clock.

"Right here." A sweet voice says and I open my eyes gingerly.

I look around to find Siya right in front of me dressed in a beautiful red saree, looking like a traditional Indian wife. So breathtaking that for a second, I am lost in her green eyes, feeling like being showered by sunlight in a field.

"Get up!" She shouts, startling me.

"I am up." I say as I get down from the bed.

"Good. Now go, go, go!" She says as she pushes me inside the bathroom.

"Am I in my house or a military barracks?" I ask and hear the door shut behind me.

"Get ready in fifteen minutes, Karan." She says.

I open the door to see her cute and careful walk towards the bed but concentrate on now and ask, "But why?"

"You forgot?" She asks, looking at me in disbelief.

"About what?" I ask, and she rolls her eyes.

"We are newly wedded, and it is our first morning together in our home, so we have to do pooja together as a couple, just as Dadi said. I let you sleep in because you were so tired, but I had to wake you up at some point, especially when the auspicious time was running out. Now get in and get ready, quickly." She says as she pushes me in again and closes the door.

Still confused and not fully awake, I follow her orders. I almost forgot about the last night when it hit me while I was in the shower.

"Did I fall asleep on my wife when we were..." I curse myself.

'You snooze, you lose', a saying that goes perfectly with my situation right now. What a great way to lose an opportunity to make love to your wife for which you waited so long and that too when she was the one who dared to initiate it.

But what could I have done? Worrying about the company and then about Siya took a toll on me, especially right after the wedding. These past few weeks have been tiring so much that I lost a lot of sleep. So last night when Siya forgave me for hiding things from her, I felt... relieved.

Her warmth felt so relaxing that when I closed my eyes just to savour it... I fell asleep.

I come out of the bathroom and see a matching red kurta laid out for me with a cute message on the top of it.

"Good Morning! ❤️

Going down to bring some flowers for decoration.

When you are done getting ready, make some prasad.

Will be back soon.

Love you."

"Cute." I say and get ready quickly.

I come out of my room to find it clean and pooja ghar looking immaculate, too. Siya's organizational skills are way above mine. I bow to God, thanking him for sending Siya into my life, then enter the kitchen to start working on my wife's second demand.

We have to do some grocery shopping, but with what I have right now, I can make some sooji halwa. As I start making it, I feel relieved that whatever hiccup we had before, was resolved, but I know it isn't over yet. Siya is waiting impatiently for me to tell her everything.