6. Ready, Set, Go!

Hey everyone! Yes, I said that I would post on 14th but because of the cold wave and creative issue; I had to delay it. But now I am on track, so I will at least update one chapter a day for sure.

As cold is getting very harsh, please take care of your health.

Thank you. 😊❤️

***Siya's POV.***

"Sissy, are you going trekking or what?" Shravan asks as I come down with a bag.

"What about your competition, then?" Mom asks.

"I am not going trekking. That's for my team and me. God knows what Dad has arranged. Where is he? Has he gone to the office already?" I ask.

"Nope. Why would I go to the office on Sunday?" Dad says as he comes out of the kitchen with some delicious looking baked goods, "I have more important things to do."

"It's been forever since you made these for me, Shaurya." Mom says and gobbles up one pastry quickly, "Hmm. You are so talented, my sweet husband."

"Not more than you, my beautiful wife." Dad says.

"Barf!" I say and they roll their eyes, "If you aren't going to the office then who's going to judge us?"

"My secretary. Jassi." Dad says, "And the first round is not important to me as it doesn't benefit or give loss to my company."

"Then why give us this competition?" I ask.

Dad looks at me in disbelief and explains, "For yourself, Siya. To let you get close to your team because in the coming time they will be your greatest ally in the competition. So do your best today as this hunt will get you closer to your team, which is necessary for you."

"Fine. I will win. No need to beg me to go easy on your student." I say.

"Just like Karan won't go easy on you." Mom says, "Anu told me he is working like crazy."

"And his work out is crazy too,to burn his stress." Shravan says.

"Whatever he does, I will win at any cost." I say, but they ignore me and get busy with eating pastry.

I pick up two and leave after waving bye. This last week, I have asked hundreds of questions to my team and made sure that I note it down and remember their answers. They were embarrassed, but... I gotta do what I gotta do. Right?

But after an earlier hesitation, they opened up nicely and later on I started to enjoy talking with them a lot. I came to know what their goals are, what they are afraid of in this job, how much they struggle every day and how they still try to move forward.

And today, I will use that information for this treasure hunt.

When I reach the company and on the executive floor, I see no one there and think for a second if I came on the right date and time. It is the right date and time, but then where is everyone else? I try calling everyone, but it is saying their phones are switched off.

"What the hell!" I say and find Karan walking towards me with a confused look on his face.

"Is your team here? Mine are not answering my calls." He says.

"Why? Did they ditch you?" I ask, and he looks at me with a blank look, "Fine. Mine aren't answering my calls either."

"Thanks for your honesty." He says, "Where the hell are they held up now?"

"They are hiding." We hear and turn to see Jassi Mam.

"What?" Karan and I ask together.

"Before you start your questions, let me complete the instructions. Okay?" She asks.