26. Blasting Date.

Finally, I am back. It feels so good to finally finish all the assignments and get a chance to write book again. I missed it so much for a week. And I know you all did too. I apologize for keeping you all waiting and appreciate the support you have shown to my book.

Thank you.😊❤️

***Karan's POV.***

I check myself in the mirror again, then frown as now the shirt isn't going with my shoes.

"Seriously..." I throw it away and take out another one, which looks good enough but yet not perfect.

Finally, I get my hands on something that would do perfectly. I wear the blue tight tee then wear a white jacket over it. I put my other clothes back in the closet, then texted Siya.

"Are you in or are we canceling again?" I text.

"Meet me near that pani puri stall near your house. I am reaching there." She texts back.

"Don't you dare eat that. Not without me. We are on a date." I text.

"Seriously. Just because we are on a date, I am not allowed to eat without you. Whatever. I am eating." She texts.

"This girl." I say and shake my head with a smile.

Siya and I have canceled two dates till now. Thursday because of her family, which was understandable. Friday because of a work emergency, still understandable. But yesterday, because she was not in the mood, not understandable at all.

So I am literally dragging her to lunch, a movie and a long drive date today.

"Where are you off to?" Pa asks me as I skip towards the door.

"To meet my friends. I told you yesterday, didn't I?" I ask.

"Ah, yes. When will you be back?" He asks.

"Around 7." I say.

"Okay." He says, "Keep your phone on. And buy some vegetables and fruits on your way back."

"You do know I am your son?" I ask.

"Yes." He says.

"Then why are you treating me like I am your daughter?" I ask.

"I was just missing Adu so... Be aware of other boys and girls and do you have pepper spray in your bag?" Pa says.

"I will not play this. Call Adu." I say and leave the house.

I walk to the end of my street then turn a corner to find my girlfriend patiently waiting for me while still eyeing the pani puri stall. She is tapping her feet like a hummingbird, looking quite pretty today in a dusty blue cami top and jeans.

"Do I wear jackets for you?" I ask as I come to stand near her.

"Aren't boyfriends supposed to?" She asks.

"But why?" I ask.

"Well, so their girlfriend can look hot and also be protected by their boyfriend's jacket when necessary." She says.

"Can't the girlfriend just keep one in the car?" I ask.

"Too much of a hassle. Also, I am working on a new hobby." She says.

"And what is that?" I ask with a smile.

"Hobby of collecting my boyfriend's jackets. One day they will be in a museum." She says.