24. Something Is Off.

***Siya's POV.***

"Ah! Finally I am back. And that too, just in time for the results." I say to myself and sit back in the chair.

"Welcome, Mam. I hope you are feeling well now." Gauri says.

"Yes, I am." I say.

"Then here, take prasad." She says and I stretch my hand.

"Did you visit a temple today, Gauri?" I ask.

"Yes, Mam. Gauri made an offering to the temple of prasad she made herself." Danny says.

"Oh really? Why? Any special occasion?" I ask and eat it, "It is good."

"No, Mam. Gauri has prayed that if you get well, she will do

this in exchange." Danny says and I look at Gauri in wonder.

"Really?" I ask and she shies away, "Oh, that's so sweet of you, Gauri."

"Butter polisher." Manish mumbles.

"Hey!" Danny and I talk together.

"Gauri considers you all family. That is why she does things like this." Danny defends her and for the first time I see Gauri's eyes on him with sparkles in them.

"I know, Danny. I was just teasing her." Manish says, "Where is my prasad?"

"In my tiffin. I will share it with you guys later at lunch." She says.

"Count me in." I say.

"Okay, Mam." She says with a big smile.

"Where are Esha and Hina? I haven't seen them at all." I say and they get a little tense, "What's wrong?"

"Nothing." Manish says cheerfully, "They are just working hard to get an extra promotion from you."

"Yeah!" Nitin scoffs and gets elbowed by Manish.

Something is off, but maybe it is between them, so I let it go and get back to my work.

It has been three days since Karan and I got sick. I was fine until the next morning, but then I slept through the whole day. And the day after, Mom asked me to stay home and recuperate properly.

While Karan moved yesterday to his home when Anu Masi and Kush Uncle came back. He was doing well and is good now. But damn, it was hard for us to even talk in my house as everyone in my family would keep interrupting us like I would kill him if I was left alone with him.

But now that we are back to business, we can be back for dating too. So I picked up my phone and sent him a text.

"Dinner tonight?" I text and wait patiently.

"Sure. And we could even celebrate someone's victory." He texts back and I could feel his smirk, making me smile in turn.

As soon as I put my phone down, Jitesh enters the cabin and says, "Results are in. Jassi Mam asked us all to be in the executive conference room in five minutes."

"Today? But I thought it would be tomorrow." I say and get up.

"I don't know, Mam." He says.

"Fine. Let's go." I say and take the lift.

Karan is already there and waves at me as I take my seat. I wave back and hold my breath for the upcoming results. I have tried my best for the second round of the competition, but the past three days felt like a waste. Even though I was sick, I know I could have done better.