39. Romantic Rituals-I.

***Karan's POV.***

"I love you." I whisper in her ears for the fourth time while Siya has eyes closed in prayer, "I love you."

"Say something else. We already got that," Riya says.

"Don't eavesdrop." I say and turn back to Siya, who glares at me, finally.

"Stop." She says before I could confess my love again.

"It is not my fault." I say.

"I know." She says.

"Then why are you still angry with me?" I ask.

"Because it isn't your fault. So I have no one to blame or vent my anger out on." She says.

"Wow! And here I thought you were just showing me your love through your cute frowns." I say.

She sighs heavily when her Mom says, "Siya, Karan... You both need to take this prasad and food to the temple."

"Veer and Piya would help you." Dadi Ji says.

"Okay." I say and look back at Siya, who looks to be in deep thoughts.

After we were interrupted repeatedly, Siya just took off with Rhea while eating the Rasgulla in anger. While I had to experience a walk of shame in front of my future-in-laws. Irony is I didn't even get to do anything shameful.

But today would be different.

***********

"We are done here. Let's go, Siya." Veer Bhai said as soon as we were finished distributing prasad to everyone.

"Actually..." I say as I stop them, "Siya and I have to go somewhere."

"Where?" Veer Bhai asks with a frown.

"Office." I say the first thing that comes to my mind.

"Why?" He asks with a frown again.

"Because we work there." I say.

"But you are the CEO and she is a manager. Also, we are in Shimla." He says and I want to kill myself for making such a stupid excuse.

"Veer, you should be thankful I don't have a brother." Piya says.

"Piya, but-" He starts.

"No. I won't hear it. Karan, bring Siya back before dinner. Okay. We girls are going to do some much needed beauty treatment. Remind Adu to be there. Bye." Piya says and I literally want to worship her feet when I look up to find Veer Bhai glaring.

"Seriously, Piya. I was trying to maintain my fear there." Veer Bhai says.

"Hey, he used to be our son-in-law. You didn't mind him then. Let them enjoy, Veer. Come. Our family is keeping Maira busy. So let's go on a long drive. Shall we?" Piya asks.

"Fine." Veer Bhai says with a happy sigh, "I would love that a lot."

"Now that's my sweet husband. Bye, Siya. Bye, Karan." She says.

"Bye." I say as they leave.

I turn back to Siya and she says, "Let's go."

"Where?" I ask as soon as I sit inside the car.

"Somewhere where no one can find us or disturb us." She says as she starts driving.

"And where is that?" I ask.

She finally gives me a big smile and shows me the key, "To the cottage."

"Cottage?" I ask.

"Bade Dadu and Badi Dadi's cottage. They gave me the key to bring something, and I thought maybe if I got you and some time..." She says.