42. Husband & Wife-1.

***Siya's POV.***

"I am going back to Paris next month as my new manager got appointed and also I had to prepare for my art exhibition in October." Shravan says.

"Well, then, all the best." I say.

"Hey, Karan!" Shravan says as Karan passes by our seat, "Sorry. It is Jiju now, isn't it?"

"Call me that again and see what happens." Karan warns jokingly.

He didn't do that last night. In fact, he was so serious and angry looking that he scared the heck out of me. But then I was out of line too. I shouldn't have said anything about booking another room.

"Okay, okay. Wanna sit with your new wife?" Shravan says.

Karan looks at me for a few seconds then rubs the back of his neck, reminding me again he slept on the couch. Well, that brings back the guilt and also anger when he replies to Shravan.

"No need. I have to talk with Pa about something important." He says.

"Wow! Already running away from your wife, aren't you?" Shravan asks with a chuckle.

"Maybe." He says and I gap at his back as he walks away.

I shake my head and turn to Shravan, who looks super serious and asks me, "What did you do?"

"Why would you think it is me who is at fault?" I ask.

"He may be at fault, but you are no less." He says, "You know what don't tell me. It is your matter. Solve it yourself. I don't want to get into it, as I would be biased."

"Hey, I am your twin sister." I say.

"Great to know that and also to know that you are smart enough to know whose side I am on." He says, "Now, buckle up. Flight would lend soon and you do not want Mom to get wind of you fighting with your husband after just one day of marrying him."

"Whatever." I say and Shravan sighs as he shakes his head.

As soon as we lend, I go off to get Bubby to avoid Karan. But when I come back, I find him standing alone in the lounge.

"Don't give me that look. I am not dying to get your furious glares." He says, taking the carrier from me, "Let's go. I have to drop you home."

"Why?" I ask in panic.

"Pag phera." He says and I sigh in relief... internally.

The silence in the car was killing me, but then I was the reason it was this silent, as I am the one who was not making any effort or trying to talk to him. But he is wrong too and stupid to expect that I will apologize to him.

No way.

***********

"Here." Karan says as soon as the ritual is over and starts to leave.

"What is it?" I ask.

"Key to your new home." He says.

I hesitate but only for a second, then take it and ask, "Are you not going to pick me up?"

"No." He says simply, expecting me to ask for a reason.

"Why?" I ask before I can stop myself.

"Work." He says.

"What work?" I ask.

He sighs heavily, then gives me a fake smile for the benefit of others and says, "You will know if only you would apologize for not trusting me."