30. Waiting Impatiently.

***Karan's POV.***

"One of the benefits would be ruling over me. I can not approve of a project until you set a good budget and look into it." I say as we wait for our flight in the lobby.

Siya looks up from the magazine and gives me a coy smile, "Do you know how desperate you sound right now?"

"Fine. I will not say anything. Anything at all. Do what you like." I say nonchalantly..

"Karan... My family is literally pissing me off by over-loving me. The workload got so much worse. And I barely got a chance to spend time with you. That is the reason I am really looking forward to this trip. I want to relax for a few days or maybe run away from the pitying eyes or just want to... do nothing." She says, looking a little lost.

"I won't say I understand. Because I can only imagine what you are feeling right now. Yet I want to do something for you. Isn't it what a boyfriend is supposed to do? Be there for his girlfriend?" I ask.

"But you are there, Karan." She says and takes my hand, "And that's all I need. So promise me that we won't talk about business on this trip. Okay?"

I sigh heavily and say, "Okay. I also promise that I won't say a word about your future. It is yours to decide. But promise me that you will think about it. Think hard about it before passing up the opportunity to be CFO. Okay?"

"I will." She says.

"So now that the serious talk is out of the way... Can you give me some money?" I ask.

"What?" She asks in surprise.

"If you are the one using my jacket, then you as well pay for it." I say, looking at my jacket draped over her halter neck dress.

"Seriously, Karan..." She smacks me with the magazine.

"Careful, Siya. Otherwise, you will get arrested." I say.

It has been two weeks since I have been declared the new CEO of Malhotra Companies. The process to shift power would be done by our birthdays. Till then I finished all my pending work before handing it over to Aarti. She will get a promotion and soon would take my place to lead the team.

Because of this, Siya and I rarely got time for each other except for one time. The night of that party. I still remember that day fondly...

***Two Weeks Ago***

I was just declared the new CEO and was surrounded by everyone to congratulate me. But my eyes kept looking for her. She was smiling, but her eyes held mixed emotions of sadness and happiness. It was the first time I saw those emotions because every time Siya lost against me, she would throw such a tantrum after congratulating me.

Her calmness is making me feel uneasy. So when all the elders left us youngsters to party and Shravan had to leave too because of the inspiration to paint, I took Siya's hand to dance and asked her if she was okay.

"No." She said, "But I am happy."

"I don't understand." I say, clearly confused.

"Look, if I had won what would you have felt?" She asks.

"Well, I would be happy for you because you are my girlfriend and you are deserving but I would be sad for myself as I worked hard and was deserving too." I say and realize, "Ahh!"

"Ahh!" She says with a smile, "Karan, I would be fine. But don't show me any pity or I will break your teeth. And you don't want your first expression as a new CEO to be a missing teeth guy. Do you?"