11. Cringy Feelings.

***Siya's POV.***

"Good morning, Siya." Mom says.

"Good morning." I say and sit on the chair.

"Dear, did you not sleep well?" Mom asks.

"Only a little." I say.

"Why? What happened?" She asks.

"Ask me what didn't happen?" I ask.

"Okay. What didn't happen?" She asks.

"My brain didn't catch fire with all the information I was stuffing in it. Seriously, now I realize how much Dad used to work before when there was just one boss and Dadu too." I say.

"Well, that's how much load a CEO has to take. They can't just leave everything to their juniors and help them too, right?" She asks.

"Right." I say, "By the way, where is everyone else?"

"Well, your Dad has to leave for a conference in Delhi early this morning while your brother left for Mumbai last night for some exhibition." She says.

"Why does no one tell me anything anymore?" I ask.

"Siya, you have so much work. You get up in the morning and just go to work, then come back late at night and go straight to bed after eating." She says, "You should take care of yourself more. And also find a boyfriend for yourself."

"Like I am not trying." I mumble under my breath.

"What?" Mom asks.

"Nothing, Mom. Just saying like I don't have time for that." I say.

"Try. I mean you are young and beautiful. This is the time to work but also to play. Go out with your friends and enjoy your life. Have a work-life balance. Not just work-work-work." She says, and I chuckle at her cuteness.

"Okay, fine. I will go out. But what about we hanging out together this Sunday?" I ask.

"That would be great." She says and kisses my forehead then turns to leave when I stop her.

"Mom, what is love?" I ask.

She frowns, then sits down on the chair beside me and says, "Finally you ask."

"Just tell me. I wanna do thorough research, then think about having a boyfriend." I say.

She smiles then takes my hand and says, "No one can find a perfect definition for love, dear, and even if they do, it would differ for each couple."

"What is your definition, then?" I ask.

"My definition is simple. When you love someone, you don't want them to be perfect. No. You just want them to be your better half. Like I love your father, because he is reliable, protective and most of all caring and so, so, so sweet." She says and her smile looks so radiant, "And he loves me for the same reasons and more. We are both imperfect and we fell in love with each other because we both found something in each other that we both very much needed. When you fall for someone, you don't care if they share your similarities or they differ from you or if you both are even compatible or not. What matters is that... that person can fill that little void in your heart and make you happy."

"What even if he can but you are not good for that person?" I ask.

"Siya, never ever think that you are not good for anyone. The only issue you have is losing control of your anger. Aside from that, you are the perfect partner a man should be grateful for." She says.

"Aww! Thanks Mom." I say and hug her.

"But listen to me clearly, Siya, when a man falls in love with you. Tell me about it." She says.