Chapter 41

Grey glared at my fiancée, as if trying to kill him with a glance. I stepped back a bit, wondering if a fight would happen. Lee looked at Grey calmly and told him, once again, to leave. I grabbed Grey’s sleeve.

“Grey...” I said. “If he doesn’t want us here, let’s leave.”

He looked at me and nodded his agreement. I let go of his sleeve. Almost suddenly, he threw his fist out and hit Lee in the side of the face.

“Listen buddy.” He hissed. “If you really loved Grace, you would accept her no matter what. What is she to you? A pawn? An object?”

Lee looked up into Grey’s eyes, and laughed. “Oh I see...Let me guess!” He announced. “Is this jealousy I see? Hmm?”

“Shut up!” Grey yelled.

I watched Grey’s fist from where I was standing. He was clenching his fists, grinding his teeth, and probably giving a glare that could kill. I gave a final tug at his sleeve, convincing him to leave Lee alone. We began walking towards the house again. Grey was looking out at something I couldn’t see, and he was still growling under his breath.

“Grace...” He started. “I’m so sorry. I couldn’t help you-”

I pressed a finger to his lips. “Don’t worry about it.” I whispered. “There was nothing you could do. Try not to fight though.”

“He said you weren’t pretty, Grace.” He mumbled. “Any guy like that doesn’t even deserve you.”

I took his arm and turned his so that he was facing me. “Grey!” I said, almost yelling. “Listen to yourself! If I really wanted to go back, I would still be there now! Besides, Grey, I like you a lot more.”

He looked at me in surprise. “R-really?” He stuttered. “Me?”

I nodded and drew him into a hug. Even boys needed to be hugged once in a while. When I was sure he was okay, I let go. I pulled away, and Grey looked at me with his sparkling brown eyes.

“Grace...” He whispered. “I...I...”

I stopped him again. “Let’s go home Grey.” I said softly.

He didn’t argue with me. We headed back to Cecil’s house. We headed home. As I thought about it, we were sort of like a family. I smiled as I thought about it. I grabbed Grey’s hand, and felt the nice feel of his warm hands. We were silent for the whole walk, but it was a good silence. The silence was broken when we were just outside the house.

“Hey, Grace...” Grey whispered.

His cheeks had gone scarlet, and he seemed very nervous. I started to wonder about what he was thinking. What on earth could make him this embarrassed and nervous at the same time?

----

Cecil sat down in the living room, watching television. Phil was with him, and so was Natasha.

“Hey Phil?” Cecil asked. “Grace is going to see her fiancée right?”

Phil nodded. “She’s seeing her family too.”

Cecil didn’t seem to care. “So she might be getting married, right?”

Another nod from Phil brought both Cecil and Natasha to a stage of excitement. They chatted happily, excitedly, and loudly. Soon, a noise brought them back.

“Did you hear that?” Phil said. “Sounds like they’re back.”

-----

I walked in, feeling excitement rush through my body. Grey had spoken with me, and what he said had both shocked and excited me. I heard everyone run towards the door, and braced myself. Cecil was first, nearly toppling me over, and chatting loudly. Natasha was next, giving me a hug. Phil came with a “Hey Babe, good to see you.”

“So...” Cecil said. “Grace? Are you getting married? Are you? Are you?”

Grey stepped in front of me. “Yes.” He said. “Yes she is.”