Chapter 14

The breeze felt cold as Grey backed away from the window. Grace was gone now, free to do her own thing. He shivered. He had still hoped she wouldn’t go...Oh well. He pushed himself away from the window and went back to his room. He couldn’t sleep, but he lay there on his bed and thought about Grace. She was pretty, and she had an aura around her that he couldn’t quite place. It was comforting, and warm. He sighed and looked at the ceiling. The fan was spinning slowly, and every second seemed to last forever.

The silence was soon broken by quick footsteps echoing down the hall. A door creaked, and a loud cry could be heard. Grey squinted and tried to decide on what to do. With a groan, he decided to go comfort Cecil. He opened his door and walked to where Cecil stood. He was in front of the open window. Grey crouched down beside him.

“Cecil...” he began. He whipped around and glared at him.

“You knew!” he cried. “You knew didn’t you!?” Angry tears were coming from his eyes, and he pounded on Grey's chest.

Grey patted Cecil's head. “It’s ‘k Cecil...”He whispered. “Maybe she went ta find her family?” Cecil shot his head up, and Grey felt a great force on his stomach. Blood came from the corner of his mouth, and he wiped it away. Lifting his head, he looked at Cecil, his fist still raised. He glared at him coldly.

“Where’s Grace?” Cecil said with a steely tone in his voice. Grey chuckled and stood up.

“That’s confidential.” He said. He felt a great pain as Cecil punched him again. Blood dripped from his mouth. Cecil was young, but his strength was nothing to joke about.

He stood in front of Grey. He grabbed his head and forced it so that he was looking up into his eyes.

“I’m going to ask one last time...” he seethed. “Where...is...Grace?” Grey swallowed some of his resurfacing blood and looked him squarely in the eye.

“She’s gone....” He said. “She’s gone to face off with the Doctor, and-” He was cut off by Cecil’s fist hitting the wall behind him.

“Dammit!” he cried. “Why would she do that?” Grey decided not to answer, leaving the silence in the air.

Cecil’s body trembled as he sobbed. Grey wrapped his arms around him.

“It’ll be okay...” He said. “She’s strong. Besides, if she doesn’t face off with him, his image will haunt her for the rest of her life. That’s worse than death.” Cecil held back his tears and nodded.

“Wait a second...” He said. “Grey...your speech...it’s normal!” Grey smiled.

“Cecil...”He chuckled. “I obviously don’t speak like that. I’m just too lazy to pronounce things correctly.” Cecil and Grey both laughed. He would let him laugh, if only for now.

Grey would let him laugh, only because they would go to war tomorrow. They would follow Grace, and help her in her mission, whether she wanted them to or not.