Chapter 9

I could hear a loud slamming noise as the doors bolted shut. As I looked around, I saw marks on the walls, and could hear faint moaning sounds. I could feel Cecil’s grip tighten on my hand. He was scared, although he would never admit it. I smiled when I thought of how boys were always trying to be so tough.We passed by skeletons, and ghouls, even ogres. I passed through it with incredible ease, and I was sure I wasn’t going to be scared by this. That is, until we got to the hall of mirrors. We walked in, greeted by our own reflections. I didn’t look in the mirror often, so I looked at myself. I looked pretty normal when my angel features were covered.

As I examined my reflection, I heard a creaking noise on the floorboards. I lost focus and looked around. Grey and Cecil were standing just off to the side. I went to join them, but walked into a mirror. I panicked. I had lost them. I heard a deep breathing in my ear.

“Very funny guys...” I said, in a somewhat shaky voice.

When no one answered, I looked into the mirror again. I saw a flash of colour, sand tried to focus on the shape of it. When I couldn’t find it, I shrugged it off. I’ll just get out of this room... I thought. It was messing with me. I was genuinley scared.

I felt around the mirrors for an exit. It took me awhile, but I found a break in the wall. I passed through triumphantly, only to enter another corridor of mirrors. I turned towards one. I could see myself, and someone behind me. He was tall, and wore a cloak with a hood covering his face. I tried to think rationally before I jumped to conclusions, but I was too scared. I turned around, and swiped at him.I felt his grip around my arm as he stopped it from hitting him.

“Now now,” he said, in a raspy voice. “Giving me trouble are we?”

I had a feeling of dread creep over me. That raspy voice...The figure took off his hood. I gasped. Dr. Dylan Farrows.

“Surprised my dear?” Surprised wasn’t an accurate word to use.

“Let go...” I growled. He laughed.

“What a bad girl you’ve been Grace.” He said. “I’m going to have to teach you a lesson!”

He lunged at me. I quickly stepped to the side, avoiding the blow from his hand. I coughed loudly. I still hadn’t fully recovered from my injury. I could feelmy breath come in quick breaths, and noticed him smile in a twisted way. I looked around frantically. All around me was the scene of my demise. The mirrors all reflected the scene of terror. I backed up, only to hit into a mirror. The doctor smirked.

“I’ve got you now...” he said. “You can’t run any further my puppet. I’ve got you cornered.” I knew that it wouldn’t do much, but I let out an ear-piercing scream.

The glass from the mirrors shook violently, shattering some of the mirrors, including the one behind me. A large chunk of glass flew through the air, and caught the doctor in the eye. Blood squirted out in the portrait of terror, and I quickly stood up.  He was occupied with the blood pouring down his face. I had a couple cuts, but I would be fine. I only had a couple minutes before he got back up and finished me off.

I was trapped, and couldn’t find my way out. I screwed my eyes shut, in an attempt to block out the picture building before me. In the darkness, I heard a noise that sounded like choking. I opened my eyes to find Grey standing in the entrance.

“Hey girl,” he said. “You miss me?”