Chapter 1

****Warning*****
If drug abuse, profanity, or the mention of alcohol offends or is triggering towards you Do Not Read. In no way I am trying to encourage underage drinking or illegal drug abuse. It is ONLY for the purpose of the storyline. There will be MATURE content as the story goes on.

**This Book and the characters, events, incidents, and places are FICTION. Any resemblance to living, dead, or local people in your area is entirely a coincidence. Everything is a product of the author's imagination.**

**All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, contact the publisher.**

**All support is respected and valued by yours truly:)

The Boy With Bad Habits by Brianna Ware

'Everything happens for a reason' had always been my least favorite qoutes.

It's almost like you're saying that because of this event, everything else happened on account of that.

My Nonna (grandmother) always told me that same quote when something unfortunate occurred. Everytime she did, I cringed.

Almost like the times she'd tell me about a little boy whose parents left him when he was only one month old. Also, that they left the infant on an old lady's doorstep.

Saying that his parents were searching for something. Other times it'd be they were 'protecting him from a distance'.

Nonna was never specific. I remember one night I begged her to tell me more. After a while she caved and told me how they met.

"Once there was a girl who wanted to sing to the world. But no one wanted to listen," her melodic voice explained.

"Until she met a boy who played a guitar outside of her window that did. He'd listen and play to her voice all night long. As time went on, they fell in love. The two would see eachother behind their parents' backs.

This went on for awhile until the girl found out she had a little baby in her tummy. Sadly, they were both too young to take care of a little baby. Both of their parents were angry at first but was okay with it later on. When the young woman had the baby, everyone found out it was a handsome baby boy, like you," looking at me with a gentle smile.

Her expression turning melancholy as she continued.

"It wasn't until the next day, that the couple disappeared without a word. When the old woman found the little boy on her doorstep she was confused and concerned. She found a note in the little baby's crib. It read: He deserves the world and we'll give it to him soon."

That was all she'd tell me at that age, I was around 10 years old. Dumb, young, and gullible. At the time, I didn't know that little boy was me. But the story was a little bit different.

Turned out my Mom sang at a small unpopular night club and was payed very little. All the girl wanted was a band and people to cheer her on. Of course Nonna didn't allow my Mother to sing at night clubs in the first place. Let alone be with a bum who always had a guitar in his hand and an unrealistic dream of becoming a rock star. As much as my Mom wanted to deny it, she wanted the same thing he did.