Chapter 5: Forgiveness

"Kya!?"

(What!?)

"Rohan bhai, Saachi!"

(Rohan bhai, really?!)

"Bhabhi ki naam kya hai?"

(What's her name?)
"Hume bina bataye! Ladki kab dekhi? Parivaar mein kon hai? Aur itna aachanak sab kaise hua?"

(Without telling us? When did you meet the girl? Who is in her family? And how did everything happen so sudden?)
"Reema ko pata hain kya?"

(Does Reema know?)

"Aarre wah! Hum usse kab milenge?"

(Oh wow! When do we get to meet her?)

As soon as the Singhania's found out the big news of Rohan getting married, everyone was extremely excited and threw questions Neel's way to know all the details.

"Aare baba! Ek minute. Abhi bata hun, mauka toh do batane ka."

(Oh God! One minute
Neel settled the group before telling them the entire incident.

"Haan, Rohan ki shaadi hone wali hai aur bohot jald hone wali hai. Humari nayi bahu ka naam Chhaya hai, woh Rohan ki assistant hai na? Wohi. Aap sab ko is liye nahi bataya kyunki humne khudh abhi abhi baat ki hai, pehle koi baat nahi chal rahi thi, sab aachanak hua. Usske parivaar mein sirf usski bua hai. Unhe cancer hai, aur nuki akhri iccha hai ki Chhaya ki shadi hoti dekhe. Aaj hi vo hostiptal mein admit huyi thi, jahan mein aur Rohan Chhaya ko lekr gaye the. Wahan pr hi humne baat paki ki hai. Reema abhi yahin hai toh abh usse bhi pata lag gaya. Aur aap sab ko kal hi officially milva denge."

(Yes, Rohan is getting married very soon. Our new daughter-in-law is Chhaya, you know Rohan's assistant? Her. We didn't tell you guys because we also just found out, they were no communication happening prior, everything happened suddenly. Her family consists of just her and her aunt. Her aunt has cancer, and her final wish is to see Chhaya married. Today, she was in the hospital and we took Chhaya over where she expressed her wish and we agreed on Rohan and Chhaya. Reema is also just finding out. And you guys can officially meet her tomorrow.)

Neel brushes his eyes over Reema not wanting to engage with her too much. Although in his heart, he knows she's different now, she's changed and deserves a second chance just like Rohan did. He made a mental note to speak to her later as Rohan was also her son. The family was extremely happy with the news and couldn't wait to meet Chhaya as the newest member of their family.

Meera smirked Shourya's way as a silent way of saying that she was right, and in return got her cheeks pulled by him because he found her smirk the most adorable thing in the world. Their moment was soon interrupted by their son smacking Shourya's hand away from his mumma. Followed by their daughter angrily pouting at Vihaan for hitting her daddy. 

Later Neel took Rohan over to Reema's room, he knocked and waited for her to let them in. As soon as Rohan was inside Reema gave him the tightest hug and wept into his arms, her happiness having no limits that her son had said yes to getting married.

"Rohan. Mera beta! Mein bata nahi sakti ki mujhe kitni khushi hai iss baat ki."

(Rohan. My son! I can't express to you how happy I am hearing this news.)

"Maa, please aap royiye maat. Bethiye."

(Maa, please don't cry. Sit.)

Neel watched the two have their moment, he knew after the initial phase of Rohan's self-reflection journey, he had slowly and progressively forgiven his mother. Their relationship wasn't the same as it used to be, but it is on track to be. Neel also wanted to fix their relationship but he felt that over the years they have drifted so far apart he didn't know how they could find a way back to each other. 

Rohan's voice snapped Neel out of this daze. "Dad, why don't you tell maa about Chhaya? I have to go do some stuff."
Neel and Reema watched Rohan walk out with the phone to his ear already before the husband and wife turned to each other.

It had been a while since the two sat down for a conversation, but they knew it was long overdue. As soon as Neel stepped forward and took a seat on the chair Reema had her hands clasped together and tears running down her face. It was as if they were waiting for this moment to just pour out.

"Mujhe maaf kr dein! Kab tak aap mujhse naraaz rahenge? Mein aapko phir kabhi shikayat ka mauka nahi dungi. Mujhe maaf kr dein!"

(Please forgive me! How long will you stay upset with me? I won't ever give you another chance to complain. Please forgive me!)

The desperation in her voice did something to Neel's heart as he reached over and held her hands. 

"Reema, hum ek dussre se bohot door aa chuke hain."

(Reema, we've drifted very far apart.)

Reema shook her head like a child and exclaimed, "nahi! mein kuch bhi karungi. Aap aise mat kahiye. Mein aapse aur kuch nahi mangungi, mujhse bas abh aur naraz mat rahiye."

(No! I'll do anything. But please don't say that. I wont ask for anything from you ever, just don;t stay upset with me anymore.)

Neel moved towards Reema and sat beside her, giving her a hug as she cried in his arms. Neel stroked the hir of his love. He never denied loving her and he never fell out of love with her, he just admitted to it being difficult to love her. But maybe it was time to finally let her back in, give her the chance she's been waiting five years for. 

Upstairs, Rohan held his phone to his ear waiting for that someone to pick up and soon that someone picked up the much anticipated call.

"Hello."
"Chhaya, I need to speak to you."

"Sir, I know what you're thinking and you can just say no. It's fine, I'll speak to my bua. I'm so sorry."
"I'm not going to do that."

Chhaya pulled the phone away from her ear and looked at it before putting it back to her ear.

"What!?"
"My father has promised and I will not go against his word. If you do not want to do this then you can say no."
"I can't. My bua is too happy. I . . . I don't have the courage."
"Well then I guess no one can stop what is going to happen. However there are some things I need to make clear here."
"Y-yes."

"This marriage is only for the happiness of our families, for people and for society. In front of them we play happy couple but I cannot be the husband of your dreams. Do not expect anything from this relationship between us. Behind closed door, we're strangers. I have no interest in this marriage or in you. There is and will not be anything between us! And yes, divorce is not going to be an option. I give my father everything he wants and if he wants me married to you, then no one can stop that."

Chhaya squeaked out an okay before hanging up. She threw the phone on the bed before throwing her self onto the bed. She cried at her fate, she was going to lose the most important person to cancer and then spend the rest of her life in what seems like an unhappy marriage.

This is not what she wanted, she dreamt of a Prince Charming who would be gentle and caring towards her, but she ended up with a Beast who she knew was going to make her life incredibly hard.

How was the update? Please leave your thoughts.

Remeber to vote, comment and share the story and I'll see you in the next one!
Love you guys!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️