Chapter 10: Husband and Wife

The doorbell rang and the Singhania's looked towards the door. Rohan had told them everything just an hour ago and immediately Neel called the office to cancel all meetings for today and Shourya was quick to call Muskaan, so she could take Meesha and Vihaan to preschool today as well as pick them up at the end of the day and take them to the Rao house. The twins were super excited to get a sleepover with Jai. Riya also called her editor to let them know she won't be able to submit any of the chapters for her next book today.

Meera took a seat beside Chhaya, she held her hand to show her full support. Meera was not going to let this woman come destroy her family again. On the other hand, Aarav and Shourya stood beside Rohan, they will be there with him no matter what. The housekeeper opened the door and let their unwelcome guest inside. Suman gestured for the housekeeper to leave, before exchanging a worried glance with Reema and Sunita Devi. Raj and Neel frowned at the floor, not wanting to loo kat the guest who had just entered.

"Oh it feels good to be back!"

Priya walked into the living room before smiling widely at the people in front of her. Chhaya glared at the woman dressed in a red silk saree with gold embellishments, she was wearing matching heavy gold jewellery as well. Which confused everyone, knowing her financial condition.

"Shocked? Shayad issi liye mera ghreh pravesh nahi krwaya. Sasu maa! Aap ko bhi nahi yaad that, ki bahu ka swagat kaise krte hain?"

(Maybe that is why you guys didn't welcome me. Mother-in-law! You also didn't remember?)

Reema frowned at being addressed by that girl, the one who she had once spoiled rotten. The one who had never spoken to her the way she was now. Priya went around the room and said her greeting to everyone seeking their blessings as if she was the picture-perfect bahu. And when she got to Chhaya she smiled sweetly before pulling her up for a hug.

"Oh you must be Chhaya! My god, mujhe pata nahi tha ki meri sautan itni. . . . .uh. . . . .Average si hogi."

(Oh you must be Chhaya! My God, I didn't know that my co-wife would be so. . . . .uh. . . . .average.)

Chhaya pulled out of her mad woman's embrace before saying, "aur mujhe nahi apata tha ki mere pati ki ex-biwi usski attention ke liye itni desperate hogi, jo dhulhan ka joda pehan kr aay gayi."

(And I didn't know that my husband's ex-wife would be so desperate for his attention that she would come dressed as a bride.)

Priya laughed out loud before taking a few steps back and giving everyone a twirl, "aachi hai na saree? Rohan, meri jaan, kaisi lagi?"

(It's nice, isn't it? Rohan, my love, how is it?)

Rohan snickers her way, "kya chahiye tumhe?"

(What do you want?)

"Tum."

(You.)

Chhaya held herself back from throwing punches, how dare this Priya look her husband's way? Priya took a seat on a chair opposite the family before beginning her explanation.

"Woh kya hai na, Rohan saab toh uss din court mein papers sighn kr ke chaale gaye the, pr maine waha nakli sign kiye aapne. Usski wajah se huamre divorce pr refusal aa gayi. Pr tumhe isske baare mein kuch nahi pata, kyunki itne paise to uss waqt mere paas the ki jail mein bethi bethi hi sab baat chup krwa deti. Aur phir teen saal pehle, mere sentance khatam hua aur mein free hogayi."

(That day, Rohan signed the divorce papers, but my sign was fake. Because of that our divorce was refused. You didn't know about it because I shut everyone up with the money I had. And then after three years, I was freed.)

(A/N - I don't know if you can do anything like this, but it is a work of fiction. So don't judge too hard. :))

The family was dumbfounded at the revelation, how could they have not been careful?

"So anyway, then I went out, got a stupid job for some time to pay from me, but at the same time, I made multiple accounts on social media and dating apps. Socha koi phas hi jaye jo mere kharche uthaye, aur actual mein phas gaya. Jaise tum phas gaye the, Rohan! Ussne mujhe jo manga diya! Paise, gehne, kapde! Aur usse loote loote hi toh maine apna khudh ke itne paise jaama kr liye ki aaj mein jo chahun kr sakti hun. Chutikiyon mein aapne haar baat manwa sakti hun."

(I thought I might trap someone, and I actually did! Like I trapped you, Rohan! He got me everything I asked for! Money, jewellery, clothes! And after robbing him completely, I'm now able to do anything I want. I have enough money to get what I want happening in seconds.)

Rohan and Shourya exchanged glances, their secret communication to make sure they mentally note down everything she tells them. And the two points they've gotten so far were her admitting to bribing people to get her way and there being a man she had basically scammed for money. By this point, Aarav had moved to stand behind Meera and Chhaya and Riya was sitting next to Chhaya.

"So anyway, baat yeh hai, ki Rohan abhi bhi mera pati hai aur agar aap nahi chahte ki mein police ko bulaoon aur usseke khilaf complaint darz karun ki ussne mere hote hua, dussri shaadi ki hai, toh aap sab ko mujhe yahan rehne dena hoga. Mere saare kharche uthane honge aur meri choti se choti baat maani padegi. Agar nahi maani, toh police ke paas jaane mein mujhe der nahi lagegi aur yahan ki mehila suport kendra meri bohot madat kr sakte hai, aapki reputation aur image sab mitti mein milla sakti hun, Chhaya aur Rohan legally married nahi hai toh. . . .Soch lo. Kya krna hai."

(So the thing is that Rohan is still my husband, and if I want, if you don't want me to call the police and file a complaint against him, that he got married for a second time, even after having me, his wife. So you have to let me stay here, pay for everything I want, and listen to everything I say. And if not then it won't take long for me to call the police and the women's support networks here will really help me out. And your reputation and image will go down the drain, Chhaya and Rohan are not legally married so . . . . . think about it. what you want to do.)

The family decided that for now, it would be best to keep things calm and let Priya stay, Rohan and Shourya agreed with the thought that having her here would give them a chance to keep an eye on her and collect more evidence. Nothing could go out to the media right now. Chhaya on the other hand was appalled at the thought that she had to share a roof with her husband's ex-wife, just when she thought things were going to get better for them, this witch comes and lands in the middle of the two.

So here is your update! I just want to say that I'm not the most knowledgeable on how the law and stuff works, but what I wrote makes sense to me so hopefully, it makes sense to you guys too. :) 

Please remember to vote, comment and share the story!

Love you, guys!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

Today's questions:

"If you could have a superpower what would it be?"
"Are you a happy-in-the-moment kind of person or are you always looking for something bigger and better?"