Chapter 4: Fulfilling wishes

After a long weekend away in Disneyland Paris, Rohan had a number of things piled up for when he got back. He had to admit that his assistant had done an amazing job and keeping things sorted for him and dealing with the smaller issues herself. Sitting in his office he waited for his assistant to come back with his schedule for the day. 

"Good morning sir! How was your trip?" Chhaya beamed at her gloomy boss.

"That's none of your business. Tum bas aapne kam se matlab rakho." Rohan didn't even look up from his laptop, which is why he missed the faces that were getting pulled his way. However, one person who did see was Neel. Chhaya pulled her best whiny baby face before she noticed Neel looking her way through the see-through divider.

(You just mind your own business.)

Chhaya sobers up and sends an awkward wave his way before biting her lip and focusing on her boss. Neels chuckles at the sight and walks in as he had a meeting with Rohan anyway.

"Hi son!"
"Hi dad," Rohan replies without even looking up.

Neel subtly nudges Chhaya who was looking down completely embarrassed and pulls a similar face that she had pulled earlier causing a laugh to erupt from her. Rohan shot his head up and she was quick to turn it into a cough before covering her mouth.

"Oh yes, we had a meeting. Umm Chhaya, go back to your desk and look over the finance file for me. And then when you're happy with it take it over to Aarav for him to cross-check." Chhaya quickly makes her way out, but not before giving Neel a cheeky smile and making the same face when her back was facing him. The two snickered quietly before Chhaya rushed out.

Neel and Rohan were only fifteen minutes into their meeting when Chhaya came rushing back, eyes teary as she hiccupped for air. A phone in her hand and her hair a mess as if she had been running her hands through it.

"Chhaya, beta kya hua?"

(Chhaya, child what happened?)

"Sir, I- phone. . . .phone aaya tha. . . my. . .me-ri bua. . . hospital. . .m-m-m-mujhe jaana hai. She- unhe c-c-cancer hai. . .h-hospital. . . .b-behosh ho gayi t-th-thi. . .I- Mu-mujhe unke paas jaa-jaana hai."

(Sir- I phone. . . I got a call. . . My . . . .My aunt. . . .hospital. . . . I have to g-g-go. . . .She- has c-c-cancer. . .h-hospital. . . .sh-she f-fainted. . I - I ha-have to go.)

Neel and Rohan were both up on their feet as Chhaya tried to explain her situation through her sobs and hiccups. Neel's heart broke seeing the sweet girl crying like this, just a few minutes ago she was cheery and happy. The two were mocking his son. Rohan too was concerned hearing everything, he pulled out his car keys as Neel wrapped his arm around the girl and they walked out.

"Nimrat Mehta. I'm her niece and only caretaker, Chhaya Mehta. It should be in your emergency contacts."

"Ah yes, ma'am. She is now out of danger, she had fainted when she was in the colony garden a man named Vishaal brought her here. She is in room 305 on the fifth floor."

Chhaya was quick to make her way over, being familiar with this hospital she knew exactly where the lifts were and which hall room 305 was in too. Neel and Rohan followed behind to make sure everything was okay. When they reached the room, the men decided to stay outside to give the women a moment of their own. They also didn't want to intrude on family matters.