Chapter 17: Giggles and kisses

"Chhaya beta! Kahin ja rahi ho?" Reema asked as she set the teapot on the table and passed a cup to her husband. He had just gotten back from an evening workout and decided to spend time with Reema and see if they could work on their relationship.
Chhaya blushed at her in-laws and gazed down at her pink sparkly saree.

(Chhaya, are you going somewhere?)

She had been waiting for Rohan to come home

She had been waiting for Rohan to come home. He had made her stay home today, saying she should relax before their date and that he would come home early, but it was six-thirty and there was no sign of him.

Chhaya sat beside her mother-in-law and pouted, "dekhiye na maa. Papa. Rohan ne bola tha ki jaldi aayega. Aur. . . Pakka bhool gaya hoga! Mein baat nahin karungi, bata rahi hun."
Just as Chhaya cuddled into Reema, Aarav's voice echoed in the hallway followed by a grumble, laugh and a light smack.
"Aarav, mein yeh kal seekha dunga, abhi ghar chalte hain. Chhaya mera wait kr rahi hogi."

(Look maa. Papa. Rohan said he'll come home early. And. . . . .He's surely forgotten! I won't talk to him, I'm telling you.)

(Aarav, I'll teach you tomorrow, let's go home now. Chhaya must be waiting.)

Shourya laughed and Aarav hissed as a grumbling Rohan lightly smacked his head, "Ow, bhai!"

The trio walked into the living room, Aarav and Shourya said their greeting before making their way over to their rooms. Meesha was demanding Shourya come home early so she could tell him about something amazing that happened at pre-school today. And Aarav had to make a really important call to someone who had been ignoring him for a week after his stupid mistake.

Rohan on the other hand was awestruck by the beauty of his wife. She peered at him waiting for him to return her greeting, but he was too busy admiring the sight in front of him. Reema and Neel quietly excused themselves and Rohan move closer, only to be told off by Chhaya who demanded he goes get changed so they could leave for their date.

Whilst Chhaya was waiting for Rohan to get ready, she decided to take a few selfies. She was feeling really pretty today. Her makeup was on point, and the saree fit her beautifully and complimented her skin tone. 

She took some cute pictures before pulling silly faces at the camera, unaware of Priya who had just walked in. 

"Yeh pehno gi?"
(You'll wear this?)

Chhaya looked up at her and rolled her eyes, "Tumse matlab?"

(What's it to you?)

"Nahi, aise koi baat nahi hai. Pr thodi overdressed nahi ho, for a simple date."
(No it's nothing like that. But don't you think you're a little overdressed, for a simple date.)

Before Chhaya could respond and a harsh voice echoed through the living room. 

"Mujhe toh koi problem nahi lag rahi. Aur kisne kaha ki yeh koi simple date hai? Hum Hotel Taj jaa rahe hai for dinner. Uske baad kuch aur bhi lan kiya hai maine, so I think she's dressed perfectly, like always. Let's go, baby."

(I don't see a problem. And who said we're going on a simple date? We're going to Hotel Taj for dinner. Then I've got something else planned.)

Soon Chhaya found her hand engulfed by her husband as he guided her out. "Hum saachi Hotel Taj jaa rahe hai?"

(Are we really going to Hotel Taj?)

Rohan glanced her way as he picked up her pallu and put it on her lap in the car. "Of course. I want to give my wife the best experience. Especially since it's our first date." Throughout the drive, Rohan took every opportunity he got to get a glimpse of his wife who was buzzing with excitement. He placed a hand on her thigh and rubbed it with his thumb whilst listening to his wife's blabbering, he was loving their date and it hadn't even begun.

Soon Chhaya found herself seated opposite her husband as they waited for their meal. There was something about the way he was looking at her today that made a whole zoo go wild in her tummy. Huffing at the attention, she pleaded with her husband, "aise mat dekho na!"

(Don't look at me like that!)

Rohan smiled before gesturing with his head for her to come closer to him. His feelings had no barrier today, he had decided to let his wall down and do what his heart tells him. He knew that Chhaya was it. She was the one for him and she wasn't going anywhere. Ever. 

Chhaya shook her head at him before gesturing the confusion about where she would sit closer to him. She found her eyes widening like saucers when he patted his lap. Looking around dumbfounded to make sure no one saw his absurd demand before shaking her head again.

Rohan grabbed hold of her hand which was resting on the table and tugged gently, "come here."

"No! There are people here."
"So if they weren't, you would have come here?"

"Rohan!"
"Aare baba, no one is watching. And you're my wife, who cares. Come here, sit on my lap, baby."

Chhaya peeked around a few more times before gulping, another tub from her husband had her on her feet. Rohan pushed his chair out slightly, spread his legs and pulled her to sit on his lap. He shuffled her around so she could put her arms around him 

Rohan peppered her cheek with kisses as they waited, he then poured them some champagne and gave her a hard kiss on her lips. The two enjoyed each other's company during the dinner, they had ordered Chhaya's favourite korma, shahi paneer and daal makhni with tandoori roti.

Rohan had taken it upon himself to feed the two as he wanted his wife's arms to stay wrapped around him. He watched her giggle at his cheesy flirting, blushing at his compliments and hiding away when he kissed her without a care in the world. She was enjoying it, finally being out, away from work, away from Priya. Spending time together away from the chaos, gave them the opportunity to come closer. The opportunity they needed. The opportunity they deserved.

After dinner, Rohan suggests they go on a walk that she eagerly said yes to.

Stay tuned for Part 2!