Chapter 22: 24 hours.

"Yes, I'd really like to get this done as soon as possible. I want her gone as soon as possible."

Rohan hung the phone up as he walked out of his room into the living, he was focused on his phone that he didn't realise when he collided with something. Or rather someone. His phone flew out of his hand and he felt the person slip and almost fall. Out of instinct, he wrapped his arms around the person only to come face to face with his wife. Just like the first time they had met as strangers. And fate was playing dirty jokes on the two as they gazed at each other, still strangers. Strangers bound together by the seven sacred vows they made to each other.

Rohan quickly pulled her up before letting go of his grip around her waist, Chhaya too stepped back and mumbled a sorry before rushing into the living where everyone was sitting, including Priya. Although she was unwanted by all the members, she still didn't have any shame and would join in anyway.

Meesha and Vihaan were still terrified of the woman and would ask their parents over and over again when her sleepover would be finished and she would go away. Meesha cuddled closer to her father as Priya smiled her way. The sinister smile caused shivers to go down the little spine and she just wanted her dadda to hide her away. Vihaan would try to be strong, but his mother knew that her little baby was terrified on the inside.

"Vihaan, Meesha. Why don't you babies go for a walk with me, hmm? I really need some help picking out flowers for tomorrow morning's pooja." Suman tried her best to keep her grandkids away from the drama, she didn't want to be traumatised any more than they were. The two hurried over to their grandmother before racing to the garden.

Rohan cleared his throat as he sat down on the sofa. Everyone watched on in anticipation, knowing he had something to say but couldn't due to the presence of Priya. But to their luck, a notification went off on her phone, she gazed down at it, and her eyes flickered with a certain emotion before looking up as if nothing had happened.

"Aarav, mere liya gadi nikhalva do. I need to go somewhere."

(Get the car for me.)

Aarav looked around before calling one of their drivers to come to pick her up. Rohan watched Priya walk out with a slight smirk on his face before turning to his family when he was certain she had left.

"Bohot jald hi yeh Priya ka kissa khatam ho jayega." His eyes went to Chhaya before he continued, "aur phir Chhaya ka bhi koi hal nikal lunga."

(Very soon, this Priya situation will be over.)

(Then I'll find a solution for Chhaya as well.)

Chhaya's heart plunged to the pit of her stomach at his words before a sudden rush of fury ran through her body. The way he looked at her as if she was some sort of pest irritating his eyes and polluting the air around him.

She returned his glare with equal distaste before deciding it was time to stand up for herself, she had enough of being the target and being disappointed by every person in her life.

"Kya matlab hai hal nikal lunga? Kya hal nikaloge? Mujhe chod do ge?"

(What do you mean by finding a solution? What solution will you find? You'll leave me?)

The family looked at their daughter-in-law sitting opposite their son.

"Exactly."

Hearing that Chhaya abruptly stood up, heaving in a deep breath she exhaled all her frustration. It was time for her to be heard.

"Aur kaise chodo ge? Legally married toh hum hai bhi nahi, woh toh tum aur Priya ho. Hume sirf mere galle ke mangalsutra ne jod ke rakha hai na?"
(And how will you do that? We're not even legally married, that's you and Priya. The only thing binding us together is the mangalsutra hanging off my neck, right?"