Chapter 7: Revelation

The following day, Chhaya woke up like she normally does at six am, only to find the bed empty, her pillow wall was intact but her husband was missing. She gazed up towards the light sun rays coming through the balcony only to be graced with the sight of her now husband's bare back as the sun reflects off of the sweat beads on the bicep he was flexing. She followed the movement of the arms as they took turns in flexing. Chhaya rubbed her eyes and sat up straight to see better. 

Now that her ears had also woken up, she could hear the grunts and moans of the man as he continued his workout. Feeling a pair of eyes watching him, he turned back and smirked at the woman openly ogling him. 

"Muh band kr lo, makhi chaki jayegi, Ms Mutal unattraction."

(Close your mouth, or else you'll get a fly coming in, Ms Mutal unattraction.)

Chhaya shut her mouth immediately before glaring at him and his marvellous body. Remembering the way he behaved the night before, Chhaya jumped out of bed and walked towards her bag. Opening it as she said, "it's actually Mrs now, unfortunately. And that too your Mrs, The biggest tragedy of my life."

Saying that, she focussed on taking out her navy blue saree when Rohan turned completely her way. He was about to say something but instead mumbled some colourful language under his breath. He walked up to her and she gazed up, completely unbothered.

"This is the biggest tragedy of your life." Rohan pointed to his abs up and down, which is another scenario that would have had her drooling. But she was not going to be the one to give in first so instead, she responded with a, "Yes. In fact, I've seen much better. Yeh toh kuch nahi hai."

(This is nothing.)

Rohan glares at the woman who is busy taking out her necessities before she leaves to use the bathroom. As she is about to enter she calls out to Rohan behind without looking back, "Make room for my things in the wardrobe while you wait." If he was going to give her attitude, then we were going to get attitude as well. 

Soon enough, when she was out she noticed that there was room made for her stuff. She brushed past Rohan with her bag and started placing her clothes in and making room for her other things. By the time she was done, it was nearly 8:30, so she made her way down to get herself a cup of coffee and see if she can help out in the kitchen.

She found Meera in the kitchen, it looked like she was preparing breakfast for the family. "Good morning, Meera bhabhi."
"Good morning, how are you feeling?"
Chhaya looked at Meera, wanting to just pour her heart out and seeing Meera someone she could connect with, Chhaya just let out her frustration.

 "I'm okay. pr. . . . .Yeh Rohan. He's so annoying. Matlab kal raat ko bhi jagdra kr rahe tha aur aaj subha subha bhi! Matlab, office mein toh bilkul hi Jafar jaise hai, pr ghar pr bhi. Aur woh bhi apni khudh ki biwi ke saath. No wonder, inka pehle divorce ho chuka hai. Paka woh bicchari tang aa chuki hogi!"
(but. . . . this Rohan. . . . . .I mean, even last night he was arguing with me and even this morning. Like early morning. No wonder, he has been divorced. The poor girl must have been fed up with him!)

Meera's face hardened at the mention of Rohan's divorce and she quickly shushed Chhaya before pulling her into the butler's pantry. 

"Chhaya, you know nothing of what happened between Rohan and Priya. Priya as in his ex-wife. Dekho, it's not my place to tell you everything. Pr moti moti baat yeh hai ki Priya ne Rohan se usske paison ke liye shaadi ki thi. Phir uski kuch harkaton ki wajah se abhi woh jail mein hai, aur Rohan ne usse divorce diya tha. Filhal, Priya ki baat usse mat krna. Okay? Reema chachi ya Neel chahu se baat kr lena iss ke baare mein. Abh tum uskri biwi ho, tumhe pata hona chahiye."

(Look. . . . .  .But for an overview, Priya married Rohan for his money. And because of some of her actions, she is currently in jail. And Rohan divorced her. Don't talk to him about Priya for now. . . . Ask Reema chachi or Neel chachu. You're his wife, you should know about it.)

Chhaya gently nodded her head, feeling bad about jumping to conclusions. Seeing the regret on the new bride's face, Meera patted her cheek before lightly twisting her ear and saying, "And as for being annoying, then he must have the same opinions about you too. Neel chachu told me about the faces you pull at Rohan."

The women giggled as they walked back out to the counter just as Reema and Suman came in. They told Chhaya that she didn't need to do anything today, but she insisted on helping. The women decided that if that's what Chhaya really wants, then they can have her pehli rasoi today, with something sweet. Meera decided to stay back to help Chhaya as she began taking out the ingredients for gajar ka halwa. Along with that, she made aloo puri and kachori with mango chutney.

"Aare wah! Aaj ka breakfast Chhaya bhabhi ne banaya hai kya?"

(Oh wow! Did Chhaya bhabhi make breakfast today?)

Chhaya smiled sweetly at Aarav and Riya as the family settled down to eat breakfast. Chhaya sat next to her husband and gave him a smile, and in return, she got an eye roll. Feeling annoyed at his behaviour all her sympathy towards him flew out the window and she stepped on his foot under the table.

Rohan grunted and banged his knee on the table catching everyone's attention. The family looked at the newly married couple, they saw a light cheeky smile on Chhaya's face as she looked around the table and the glare on Rohan's face that was directed at Chhaya.

SO!!! I want to get to know my readers better and be more engaged with you all, and to do that I've decided to leave 2 questions below all my updates! One fun and one a little more serious!

So please answer the question so I can get to know you better!
Today's questions -

"What is one food you could eat every single day of your life without getting bored?"

"What is your greatest accomplishment?"