Chapter 36: Dreams and Playfight

The only two rituals left before the big day were their haldi and mehndi. And one this Chhaya didn't want was for them to be separate from each other for any of the rituals. So right now, Chhaya was sitting on the daybed outside with her beautiful yellow Sharara on as the mehndi artists covered her hands and feet in motifs and patterns. She got Rohan's name written on the centre of her palm for the world to see, which pleased Rohan a lot more than it should have.

Chhaya giggled at Meesha as she ran away from her dad who was trying to feed her some food. She had her mehndi done the same as her chachi's.

Rohan was sitting beside Chhaya and gazed at Shourya and Meesha

Rohan was sitting beside Chhaya and gazed at Shourya and Meesha. Something stirred in him as he noticed how happy the sight made Chhaya. Did she want children? Do I want children? 

Rohan's thoughts overshadowed his mind as he began to imagine him in the place of Shourya, running after a small child with a plate in his hands. He could hear the giggles of the child as they ran into their mother's arms. The mother being Chhaya, he could see himself slow his steps and their child turned around to face him. Just before he could get a glimpse of his baby he felt a nudge, snapping him out of the daze. 

And Chhaya was replaced by Meera and his baby was replaced by Meesha as Shourya fed her some fruit. Rohan turned to look at Chhaya, who was looking at him already. She raised her eyebrows at him as if asking him what he was thinking. In return, he smiled her way and kissed her forehead. He smiled to himself thinking that if Chhaya agrees, he would want to have a child as soon as possible. He wants a small family of his own. 

"What are you thinking?"
"I'll tell you later." 

With that, he leaves another kiss on her cheeks before moving away, towards Vihaan and Jai who were calling for him. Chhaya watches him walk away slightly confused as to what happened to him for a second before her attention was diverted to Riya and Muskaan trying to get Aarav to sing some songs for them. He refused everyone until Meera patted his cheeks and smiled sweetly his way which seemed to be enough to convince him. Aarav would do anything for his Meera bhabhi.

Rohan and Riya danced to the song along with Shourya and Muskaan. Chhaya and Meera smiled at the family, knowing that this was just a glimpse of their future. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

Later that evening, Chhaya's mehndi had dried down so she was getting ready for her haldi. They were going to have joint haldi and it would be the last time the two see each other before their wedding day. Their wedding day was going to be the day after tomorrow, which on Rohan's terms was way too long. Chhaya giggled at the memory of when the priest announced their wedding day and how excited Rohan was until he realised there would be a day in between the functions when they won't be able to meet each other.

"Chhaya!"
"Rohan, sirf ek din ki hi toh baat hai."
(It's only one day.)

Thinking back to it, Chhaya chuckled to herself. He had become so childish lately. Putting on her floral jewellery, Chhaya got up to make her way out to where the haldi was going to take place.

 Putting on her floral jewellery, Chhaya got up to make her way out to where the haldi was going to take place

She walked into the garden, expecting to see a huge commotion of people buzzing and getting everything ready for the ritual, however, she was faced with an empty space. No one walking around getting things ready, no one was sitting on the seats placed, no one was getting her necessities ready, no one was here. Chhaya looked around the empty space in utter confusion as she walked through the area. She kept wondering if she had the time wrong or the place wrong, but no it was all correct. 

She pulled out her phone to give Rohan a call, unknown to her that he was tip-toeing behind her. Putting the phone to her ear, Chhaya put her other arm on her hip. Just then she turned around, only to bump into a broad chest and before she understood what was going on, she was bombarded with white and pink petals being thrown her way and soon found herself being wrapped in a pair of strong arms that had managed to pull her up. She felt herself being twirled around and the clouds going round and round as she looked up. 

It took her a minute to realise that she was surrounded by her family and her soon-to-be husband had her wrapped in his arms. When he puts her down, Chhaya can't help herself so she plants a sloppy kiss on Rohan's cheek. He hugged her close to his heart unaware f the loving gaze their family was showering them with, unaware of the cameramen taking pictures of their beautiful moment and completely unaware of the world around them. 

"Accha accha, chalo rasam shuru krtein hain."
(Ok, let's start the rituals.)

Rohan smiled at Chhaya before moving to sit in his place, Chhaya too was seated in her place and the elders began the ritual. As the ritual progressed, the laughter and joy intensified. Aarav and Riya were covering Rohan's face with the paste, leaving a very annoyed Rohan behind. He pulled Aarav's ear towards his before twisting it.

"Bhai, haldi se aapke chehre pr noor aayega. Iss liya jaga raha tha!"

(Brother, the paste will enhance your natural glow. That's why I was putting in on like that!)

Aarav winced at Rohan before hurrying away to  Chhaya as soon as he freed himself. He nudged Riya in anger.

"Tera idea tha, aur jaise hi bhai ko gussa aaya maidaan chod kr bhag gayi. Buzdil ladki!"

(It was your idea, and as soon as brother got angry you fled the warzone. Coward girl!)

Riya laughed at his frown face and red ear before splattering the last bits of the paste she had in her hand on his face. It happened so quickly that no one realised what was going on when suddenly a giggling Roya was running towards her father to be saved from the infurated Aarav.

"Tu ruk! Abh toh jaang ka elaan ho chuka hai, abh nahi chodunga! Bhagti kahan hai?"
(You wait! Now we you have decalred war, I won't spare you! Where are you running off to?)

Reema and Suman frowed at each other, knowing the kids were not going to stop. Reema turned to her husband and asked him to stop the two from creating a ruckus, but as a reply she got haldi all over cheeks. She glared at her husband who in return shrugged and hurried off.  Reema ran after him, whilst Raj chased his wife. Seeing the playfight unfold, Meesha and Vihaan gave each other a cheeky smile before attacking their parents. 

Chhaya was busy laughing at Riya and Aarav, that she didn't realise when Muskaan and Rohan had crept behind her and a whole bowl full of the haldi paste was tipped on top of her face. Turing to see the two culprit, she gave them one warning before storming after them. The family spent the rest of the evening playfighting with the haldi whilst Sunita Devi and Nimrat watched the childish behaviour unfold. 

VishwaasOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara