Chapter 34: Planning

"Chhaya bhabhi, yeh wala kaisa lag raha hai?"

(Chhaya bhabhi, how is this one?)

"Tum par toh sab aacha lagta hai."

(Everything looks good on you.)

The youngsters were surrounded by the outfits that had been brought over by the designers for Chhaya. Rohan was trying on the sherwani for the wedding, whilst Muskaan was holding a saree over her shoulder to help Chhaya pick her bridal attire. Chhaya wanted to wear a saree with a long veil that covered her face and draped behind her as she walked down the aisle. 

Muskaan poked her tongue out at Aarav who kept teasing her all day. Even now he wouldn't stop.

"Mein Chhaya bhabhi ki baat kr rahi hun."

(I'm talking about Chhaya Bhabhi.)

"Aur mein tumhari baat kr raha hun."

(And I'm talking about you.)

Chhaya and Riya giggled at their banter thinking Aarav was just being his silly self, unaware of the true meaning of his words. Chhaya tried a couple of the sarees on before choosing the one she felt the most beautiful in. Rohan, too, had selected his outfits for the wedding. The family were trying on outfits and getting themselves organised when Rohan took hold of Chhaya's hand and lead her out. 

"Rohan! I was going to pick out my jewellery!" Chhaya whined at her fiance who laughed at her before helping her into the car. 

"I know Chhaya, that's why we're going to a jeweller now."

Chayya frowned at Rohanas he sat in the driver's seat, "But there was a jeweller here?"

Rohan sighed before taking hold of her hand, "I know, but I need time with just you. I'll die if I don't get you to myself."

Instantly, Chhaya's confusion turned into a cheeky smile. "Accha?" (Really?)

Rohan smiled in her direction as he began to drive off, Chhaya wiggled her hand out of his grip and crossed her arms, "Pr jab humari pehle shaadi hui thi, tab toh tum bohot kuch keh rahe the!"

(But when we got married the first time, then you said something different!)

Rohan cleared his throat before saying, "Mujhe toh kuch yaah nahi. Mujhe toh yeh hi pata hai ki mujhe tum mein pura pura interest hai."

(I don't remember anything like that. I just remember saying that I am completely interested in you.)

Chhaya's mind went back to his words from the night of their first wedding. She knew what he was trying to do, he was trying to change his initial words from that night.

"Oh really?"
"Oh yes."
The car made a stop at a red light and Chhaya leaned over. Her lips brushed against his ear and whispered. 

"Well, Mr Rohan! You might not be Hrithik Rohan, but I've been dying to see your handsome face.  Tum bilkul mere type ke ho, so the attraction is very much mutual."

(You're totally my type.)

Rohan seemed to have frozen in his place, it wasn't until the car behind them beeped that Rohan snapped out of his daze, clearing his throat and readjusting himself before driving off. All of a sudden he had this urge to have his woman close to him. As soon as they arrived at the store, Rohan had his arm wrapped around the girl and guided her in.

A young man came over to help them, he wasn't much older than Chhaya. He smiled her way and got them settled. Then the man had yet to even acknowledge Rohan, and it bugged him. The fact that this man was openly ogling Chhaya pissed him off and the fact that Chhaya was giggling at his stupid jokes just made it even worse.

"Waise toh aap pr kuch bhi aacha legega, pr  yeh wala set toh bohot hi aacha lagege."
(Well, anything would look good on you, but this set would look amazing on you.)

"No, something different."

Before Chhaya could even touch the necklace, Rohan pushed it away and pointed to one on display that he had his eyes set on from the start.

"Oh ma'am, that one is from our bridal collection. Aur kafi heavy hai, mein juch aur dikha deta hun."

(That's quite heavy, I'll show you something else.)

For a second Rohan thought the man called him "ma'am" before he realised that he hadn't even been addressed and the salesman was still focused on Chhaya. Rohan slammed his hand on the counter before stepping forward.

"We want to bridal collection because she's going to be a bride. My bride. Chup chap apna kaam kro, aur mujhe woh wala set dikhao."

(Quietly do your job and show me that set.)

Chhaya gently took hold of Rohan's hand and kissed the back of it with the hope it would distract him from the salesman and calm down. And it seemed to work, whatever was flashing in front of his eyes was gone the second he felt his girl's lips on the back of his hand. His eyes snapped her way and his eyes softened at the sight of her. He returned the kiss on her hand before leaning down and kissing her head.

He smiled at her bright face as she tried on the necklace and earrings. The salesman sheepishly smiled at the couple as he did everything Rohan asked him to do, and call it petty but Rohan got him to get them drinks, pull out almost every piece of jewellery they had in store, and hold up the mirror for Chhaya. Chhaya tried her best to stop Rohan, but it didn't seem to work too much. 

Soon the couple found themselves walking out to the car park when Chhaya saw a gol gappa stall, remembering their first date, she looked at Rohan. He was already smiling in her direction, he gestured to head over until he put the bags away.  Chhaya was bubbling with excitement as the vendor prepared her chaat. The couple laughed with each other as they enjoyed the heavenly food.

"Haan Rohan, sari tyaari mujhe pasand hai. Muskaan toh bohot talented hai, mein usse chota sa idea batati thi aur woh usse reality bana deti hai."
(Yes, Rohan. The preparations are all to my liking. Muskaan is very talented, I would tell her a small idea and she would magically make it a reality.)

"As long as you like everything, I'm happy."

Chhay smiled at him before hugging him, her face stuffed in his chest as she whispered, "I love you."

Hearing that Rohan, closed his eyes, basking in the moment of the confession before replying. "I love you too."

The two smiled at each other, knowing that their rituals start next week and then they would finally have the life they wanted. Chhaya would have her Prince Charming and Rohan would have his heaven. The anticipation for the future had the two bubbling with happiness, The future that included holding each other at night, sneaking in sweet moments, and the musical blabbering of their future children, the beautiful mornings as a family. A future that was safe and filled with happiness. 

A future they desperately wanted to make their present. 

A future that wasn't too far away.

Vishwaasजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें