Chapter 33: Propose

"Rohan! Chodo! Mein gir jaaungi."

(Rohan! Put me down! I'll fall.)

"Never. Mein tumhe kabhi girne nahi dunga."
(I'll never let you fall.)

Chhaya giggles even harder as Rohan held her close to him, nuzzling his face into her neck. The two were so lost in each other's arms they didn't realise the time. Soon the two found themselves walking back over to the orphanage, where the family had gathered and were worrying for the two of them. When the two walked in, Reema was the first one to see them and rushed over.

"Rohan! Chhaya! Tum log kabse tum dono ko doondh rahe the. Pata bhi hai kitni chinta ho rahi thi? Kahan gaye the?"

(We've been looking for you two for so long. Do you know how worried we were? Where were you?)

Rohan wraps his arm around Reema and walked over to the family to calm them down, only to be bombarded with even more questions. Chhaya and Rohan glanced at each other, not knowing what to do to stop them. So the two stood in front of everyone and Rohan pulled Chhaya closer to him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her hand using his other hand before pressing a kiss on the side of her head.

Seeing this the questions immediately stopped and everyone looked at the two stunned, mouths open and eyes wide. There was a solid ten-second silence before everyone erupted in cheers, hugging each other and the couple, blessing them and dancing around like a bunch of happy lunatics. Chhaya and Rohan laughed at them as they celebrated the reunion of the lovers.

They had even discussed Chhaya moving back and how that would look now that she was so close with the orphanage kids. But Rohan had a different idea. They were definitely going to return, but not soon. Not until he did what he was now determined to do. After lunch, Rohan peeked over and saw Chhaya searching for a new mangalsutra, when he asked her about it she said she would need a new one now. She then talked about moving back and how she was excited about their future. Rohan smiled at her before giving her cheek a kiss, but he didn't want to just go back, just like that.

So he decided that whatever he had thought of doing needed to happen tonight. He called Muskaan, Riya and Aarav over before telling them what they had to do. The trio buzzed with excitement before they rushed over to the market to get ready. Rohan placed his hand over his jean pocket, feeling the small box he had there. He smiled to himself as he watched Chhaya play with the little girl, Anshu. He was so ready for tonight.

Just before dinner, Chhaya walked into her room to freshen up only to find a bag placed on her bed with a note attached to it. Curiosity got to her as she picked up the note.

"Meri jaan, aaj shaam dinner mere saath. 7:00 pm sharp ready rehna, I'll pick you up.

- Tumhara Rohan."

(My love, dinner with me tonight. Be ready by 7:00 pm sharp.)

Chhaya smiled to herself as she pulled out the dress from the bag. She giggled to herself as she rushed to the bathroom to get ready. There was still an hour and a half, but she needed the extra time to look beautiful for her special dinner tonight.

At 7 pm on the dot, Chhaya heard a knock on her door

At 7 pm on the dot, Chhaya heard a knock on her door. She quickly checked her eyeshadow and decided she did need glitter, she quickly added gold glitter to the centre of her eyelids and she rushed out. Opening the door she came face to face with Rohan who had a huge bouquet of red roses. Her favourite.

"You look beautiful, Chhaya

"You look beautiful, Chhaya. Meri galti hogayi ki yeh dress pick ki."

(I made a mistake by picking this dress.)

"Kyun?" (Why?)
"Dil ki dhadkan hi ruk hi gaya." (My heart stopped beating.)

Chhaya blushed at the compliment, took hold of the bouquet and gave Rohan a kiss on his cheek. "Let's go! Quick, I'm hungry." Chhaya brushed past him and waited near the car. Rohan, on the other hand, held his cheek not being able to believe that his beloved just planted a kiss on his cheek. Soon the couple found themself at the lake, Rohan let Chhaya walk in front of him so she could see the surprise first. Chhaya hummed as she walked over to the bench they were at this morning only to find herself completely shocked by the sigh in front of her.

There was a trail of rose petals with candles lighting the path from the side, she looked back at Rohan who had his hands in his pockets. She shrugged and gestured for her to follow. Chhaya had no choice but to step on the petals and follow. In a few minutes, she found herself surrounded by twinkle lights, and candles and she saw the huge heart made of white rose petals. Tears formed in her eyes as she grinned at the sight in front of her.

There were white, brightly lit letters placed on the floor, creating a sentence.

"Will you marry me?"

Chhaya turned to look at Rohan, only to find him on his knee with a box in his hand. Chhaya covered her mouth at the sight before stepping closer.

"Meri har galti ke baad tumne mujhe mauka diya hai. Tumhe mein har khushi dunga, haar khwaish puri karunga, tumhe hamesha kush rahunga. Gulaam bana diya hai tumne mujhe, aur yeh gulaam tumhe woh khoobsurat shaadi dena chahta hun, woh saare aarman pure krna chahta hun jo pehle nahi kr paaya. Mujhse iska mauka dogi? Mujhse shaadi krogi?"

(After all my mistakes, you've given me a chance. I want to give you all the happiness in the world, fulfil all your wishes, and always keep you happy. You've made me your slave, and this slave wants to give you that beautiful wedding and fulfil all the hopes and dreams you had that I couldn't before. Will you give me a chance for that? Will you marry me?)

Chhaya jumped up and down as she squealed a yes. "YES! yes yes yes yes yes yes!! Yes!!!!"

Chhaya kneeled in front of Rohan and hugged him tight. So tight that the two fell back as Rohan contained the girl's excitement. Rohan gently pulled Chhaya up before sliding the diamond ring onto her finger. As soon as Rohan did that, he pulled the two up and Chhaya wrapped her arms around his neck. The two had their moment before the family emerged out of their hiding and cheered for the couple.

The two took the blessing of all their elders before Shourya hugged Chhaya and Rohan. Meesha and Vihaan were jumping and playing with the flower petals. Meesha was twirling and Vihaan was sprinkling with the rose petals. Riya and Meera were giggling with Chhaya whilst Aarav purposely brushed past Muskaan, who was standing with Rohan and Shourya. The family was extremely excited.

"Shaadi ki saari planning Chhaya bhabhi ke saath mein plan krungi, bata rahi hun! Because I'm the even planner. By proffession also! Aaj ka saari plan maine kiya hai!"

(I'll do all the planning with Chhaya Bhabhi for the wedding, I'm telling you!)
(I planned everything today!)

Chhaya and Rohan laughed at Muskaan as the family decided to leave the couple alone for their dinner.