Chapter 1: Neel's wish

Leaning back on his chair, the tall brown-eyed man gazed at his cousin's children as they giggled and played with the new toys he had gotten them. The little girl had managed to make an almost perfect picture of her family on her drawing pad and the big, almost five-year-old boy was busy making important business calls on his superman phone. 

"Meesha, Vihaan! You guys didn't finish your lunch."

"Rohu chachu, mumma packed us alloo parantha! We don't want it," Meesha pulled her best pout, the one she knows works on all the men of her family. Rohan smiled at them awkwardly, before offering to take them out for lunch. 

Meera and Shourya were organising the Disneyland surprise for the twins and Shourya's younger brother Aarav and sister Riya were at Riya's first book launch and the little munchkins wanted to come to the office today. So the only option left was for Rohan to look after them. He didn't mind, but he also didn't know what exactly he was doing. Not trusting himself he calls his father for help. 

Neel walks through the door eyeing his son, who now had Vihan sitting on the table finishing off his very important call and Meesha on his lap, trying to braid his hair. Seeing Neel, Vihaan ended his business call and ran to him. "Chote dadu! Aap bhi aane waale hain lunch pe?"

(Chote dadu! You are also coming for lunch with us?)

"Yes, mera baacha! Kya lunch kroge? Chote dadu aur Rohu chachu aapko pura spoil krne ke mood mein hai!"

(Yes, my baby! What will you have?  Chote dadu and Rohan chachu are is the mood to spoil you!)

Meesha got up and ran to her chote dadu, her silent way of saying she was ready to go and soon the four found themselves in a nearby coffee shop, Rohan was holding a napkin up to Meesha's mouth wiping away the chocolate residue. Neel watched the interaction with a small yearning in his heart. Seeing the kids distracted, Neel turned to Rohan. 

"Beta."
"Ji dad."

"I'm so proud of you, everything you've done and accomplished in the last five years. You've given me everything I've ever wanted in my son. There is only one more thing I want."

"What is it, dad?"
"Your happiness."

Rohan scrunched his eyebrows waiting for a response.

"Shourya was also a crazy workaholic like you, but after getting married look how much he's changed. More now after Meesha and Vihaan have been born. Do you see him run out the office doors at exactly 4:30 pm? I want that for you."

Rohan stiffens at the mention of marriage, he turns his attention to the kids in a silent plea to end the conversation.

"Priya ne jo kiya uski sazza tu khud ko kyun de raha hai?"

(Why are you torturing yourself  for what Priya did?"
"Dad, Priya ko humare ghar mein leke kon aaya tha? Me right? Meri bewakofi ki wajha se hi toh ghar mein sab hurt huye."

(Who bought Priya into our home? Me right? Because of my stupidity, everyone at home was hurt.)

"Bilkul tumhari galti thi. Aur tumhe uski sazza bhi milli hai. Pr pichle paanch saalon mein tumne aapne aap ko itna badla hai, apni hr kami ko pura kiya hai. Ek ladki ne tumhe dhoka diya, toh iska yeh matlab nahi hai ki har ladki waisi ho. Aur abh toh tum samjhdaar bhi ho gaye ho, woh galti dubara nahi karoge."

(Yes, it was your mistake. And you have been punished for it. But in the past five years you've changed yourself so much, you've perfected every flaw of yours. Just because one girl has cheated you, doesn't mean every girl will. And you're wiser now, you won't repeat that same mistake.)

Rohan got up from his seat and went over to pay for the food. Neel knew that he would have to wait another time to convince him, he prayed that the perfect life partner would just fall into Rohan's arms soon. He took the kids and decided to wait outside. But, as if listening to Neel's prayers, God sent over an answer.

As Rohan moves away from the counter and turns around bumps into a soft weight coming his way. Out of instinct he reaches around and grabs hold of whatever had hit him. Looking down he sees a young girl in his arms, eyes shut tight as she clutches to his crisp white shirt. Black hair sprawled all over her face and arms. 

Noticing that there was no impact of the fall, the girl slowly opens her brown eyes and gazes up at her saviour. Being struck by the handsomeness of the man in front of her, she gawks at him. Taking in the moment she feels the strong, hard arms wrapped around her. She lets out a dreamy sigh, is this my prince charming? He definitely looks like it. Tall, dark and handsome. Very handsome.

Rohan watches the girl as she clings to him, he jostles her lightly before helping her up. She clears her throat before thanking him. 

"Thank you so much! I wasn't looking, my bad."
"No problem." Came the reply and the two go to move past each other. Soon the girl picks up her coffee from the counter before rushing outside, she was late for the interview at Singhania Enterprises. She had just graduated and applied at her dream company and last week she got the call. 

As she was rushing out she bumped into someone again, and the coffee cup smashed into the chest of the person who had just turned around to go back inside the shop, leaving the crisp white shirt dyed brown.

Rohan looks down at his shirt before glaring at the person who caused his mood to turn sour. "I-I am so so sorry! Actually, I was running late for my interview at Singhania Enterprises. I was in a rush I didn't see you."

"What's your name?" 

"Ummm Chhaya."

"Full name."

"Chhaya Mehta."

Rohan nods his head before turning around and leaving. Chhaya watched the guy leave and was dumbstruck at what just happened. But snapped out of her thoughts and changed her tune to admire the fine man walking away and what a beautiful view he was from behind. 

Here is your next update! 

Tell me what you think. Please vote, share and comment!

Lots of love and see you in the next update!

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️