Chapter 19: Get Out!

The morning after the date, Chhaya woke up early and found herself in the arms of her husband. She was so tired from their date that she didn't even realise when she had fallen asleep, let alone when her husband managed to get his arms around her. She had woken up with a sick feeling in her stomach like something was wrong or going to be wrong. She just wanted to hide in bed with her husband and not face the world today. 

But alas she couldn't do that so she got up and decided to skip the morning walk with the youngsters and make breakfast for everyone. She also decided to make some cookies for her bhua, she wanted to meet her today and take some sweets for her as a reward for listening to her doctor and being strong-headed with her treatment. As it was a Saturday, she didn't have work and soon found herself sitting on the sofa of her bhua's apartment, sipping tea and talking about her beautiful life with her husband. 

"Bh-bhuaji! S-s-stop, aap mujhe tang kr rahe hai! Mein-"

(You're bugging me! I'll-)

Chhaya found her sentence hanging when her phone rang, seeing Rohan's name she smiled and picked up.

Her cheery hello was responded to with a low, harsh and stern voice. Not the voice she would have expected after the lovely evening she had spent with him just the day before. 

"Come. Home. Now! You have fifteen minutes to get home, or you'll find yourself in deep shit. Deeper than what you're in right now."

"Wha-" Beep. Beep. Beep,

Nimrat looked at her beloved niece and gave a rushed hug before watching her run out the door. 

.

.

.

.

.

.

Chhaya rushed through the doors of her home and into the living room. She huffed as she walked in, Riya was the first to notice and threw a pitiful smile her way. Soon everyone noticed the appearance. Meera tried her best to smile, whilst Shourya tried to find a way to approach Rohan whose back was facing her. Neel and Reema were seated beside Raj and Suman, the four sneaking glances at each other. Reema and Neel desperately wanted to come to Chhaya's rescue, knowing the wrath that was going to come her way.

Aarav stood behind his grandmother as she held his hand for comfort, her heart beating loudly for the sweet girl. And the woman who had stirred this mess sat on the armchair, filing her nails ready for the drama to unfold. 

"Ro-Rohan?"
Rohan abruptly turned around with a file in his hand and abruptly threw it her way. Chhaya flinched, taking a step back. She looked at his red eyes and rigid posture. 

"How dare you!? 

 Chhaya shrank at the tone, unaware of what it was she could have possibly done. She tried walking closer to him, only to be refected. 

"Don't come near me! You're all the same!"
"Pr hua kya hai?"

(But what has happened?)

"I've been working on cracking this deal with the Malhotras for weeks now and for some money, you sent our contract over to our rival so they could revise their plan and make a better offer! Only you and I had access to that file, and I didn't leak it. The only one left is you!"

Chhaya shivered at his accusation, she bent down and took a hold of the scattered file looking through it. Her eyes widen at the sight of the files, she notices the deals on their rival's offer were better and more beneficial for the Malhotras compared to their offer. She was shocked as to how this could have happened, they were offering everything Rohan was, which could not have been possible if the offer she and Rohan had prepared had not been leaked. But she didn't do that, she never would.

"Ro-Rohan! I don't k-know how this ha-happened, but it was not me! I wou-ld never do that to you."

"You wouldn't? Really?"

Chhaya takes slow steps back as Rohan stalks over to her. The files slip out of her hands as the back of her knee hits the edge of the sofa, Rohan crushes it under his foot as invades his wife's personal space.

"You wouldn't? Not even for 50 lakhs? Because that's how much was transferred into your account last night, at 7:30 pm. When we were having dinner together. On our date."

Chhayae shakes her head, tears slipping out of her eyes at her husband's accusations. 

Her legs tremble under the scrutinising gaze, she hopes for someone to help her out and she does get that help from her father-in-law. But the intensity of Rohan's anger was too much for it to be impactful. In Rohan's mind, his wife who he had let into this life, for whom he had let his walls down just betrayed him.

"Get out!
"What?!"
"I said get out!"
"You betrayed my trust! You're all the same! I trusted you!"

"I didn't do anything! Believe me!"

Neel stands up again and gently pulls his daughter-in-law away to de-escalate the situation. "Rohan, relax. Just listen to what she has to say once! She isn't going anywhere."
Chhaya caves in closer to hre father-in-law trying to get away from the fury directed her way.

"I never want to see you again! Meri galti hai ki maine tum pr bharosa kiya! Ek baar mein akhal nahi aayi mujhe!"
(It's my fault I trusted you! I didn't understand from my prior experience!)

"Mein kitni baar bolun ki mene kuch nahi kiya!? Kuch galat fami hogi hai! Mein aisa khabhi nahi kr sakti!"
(How many times do I have to say that I did nothing!? There is a misunderstanding! I would never do this!)

"Mujhe tumse koi lena dena nahi hai! You are fired as my assistant. And I'll move my thing out of the bedroom. Once I've sorted the mess with Priya out I'll deal with you! And until then don;t even try to come near me."

Just like that, Chhaya worst fear became a reality. She feared that her date with her husband was too good to be true and things would burn to ashes soon, and she watched the marriage light up into flames in front of her eyes as her husband said those words to her. He was going to move out of their room, he didnlt want to see her, he was going to deal with her as soon as Priya's mess was sorted.

Rohan moved towards theri room onlt to be held back by Chhaya gripping his sleeve. He pulle dhis hand out of her grip but she wasn;t going to let him go without a fight. Without making sure he heard her ultimatium too. If he can give her one than she can return the gesture. She gripped his collar and held him in place.
"I don't what happened or who did this. But it has nothing to do with me. I can't beleive your the same man whose arms I spent yesterday evening in. The same man who told me that we'd stay th way were last night. Whatever you're saying right now you'll regret! You'll regret this I'm telling you. So take back your words and we can forget everything you just said to me."

The entire family waited a painfully slow minute. Chhaya's hope withered with every second that passed in silence. When she didn't get a response She clutched his collar harder and pulled him closer.

"You'll regret this, but it'll be too late. Mein pata kr ke hi chain ki saans lungi ki yeh sab kisne kiya hai. Usse yahan tumhare samne khada krungi. Aur tab tumhe bohot afsos hoga ki tumne apni biwi ki baat nahi maani. Pr Rohan, tab tak bohot der ho chuki hogi. Hum ek dusre se bohot door pohonch chuke honge. Aur iske zimedaar sirf tumhare yeh shaq aur aur mujhe pr vishwaas na krna hoga. Abhi bhi time hai, soch lo. Humara rishta aur kamzoor na ho, isse pehle soch lo."

(I'll find out who did this and bring them infront of you. And then you'll be sorry that you didn't trust me. But Rohan, it;ll be too late by then. We would have drifted too far away, and the only one responsible for that is your doubts and inability to trust me. Think about it, before our relationship weaken even further.)

Hi guys! Here is your update, sorry about the wait. I get home at 6pm then have to plan for the teaching for the next day and week and mark all thier books! So, got some time tonight to write up this chapter!

Love you guys!

❤️❤️❤️❤️