Chapter 15: Longing

Chhaya, Shourya, Rohan and Meera were gathered in Rohan's office to see if they could work something out to deal with Priya. At the moment they were discussing the divorce that took place in court.

"Haan, Chhaya aur mein bhi kal yahi baat kr rahe the. Pr humari jury anonymous thi, un mein se koi milna thoda mushkil, khaas kr ki ab jab divorce ko paanch saal se upar ho chuke hai. Humara lawyer ka witness hum use nahi kr sakte, becasue of bias.  Aur mene pata kiya hai, judge retire ho chuke hai. Lekin unse contact ho sakta hai. Unka naam Judge Shastri tha."

(Yes, Chhaya and I were talking about it last night. But our jury was anonymous, it'll be hard to find any of them, especially since it's been over five years. Our lawyer can't be our witness because of bias. And I've found out that the judge for our case has retired. But we can get in contact with him. His name was Judge Shastri.)

"Okay toh unki details nikhalwani hai hume."

(Okay, so we have to get his details.) 

Shourya scribbles that onto his notepad whilst the others continue their conversation. 

"And she was talking about basically scamming some man for money, maybe if we are able to trace her digital footprints we might be able to find out who he is. Maybe he might be able to help us." Chhaya says to which the rest agree and the speed of Shourya's writing increases as the ideas flow. 

"So we need to get in contact with the judge, hopefully, be able to find more information on who could have helped Priya all those years back to get away with the fake sign and hide that information from us. We need to find proof of her bribing people to get her way."

"Ummm, aur maine. . . . .woh Meesha ki gaal ki picture khichi thi because. . . . um, you know Priya had hit her. . . .I wasn't sure if you guys would be comfortable with that, pr yeh humari Priya ke khilaf saboot bankr madat ke sakta hai na," Chhaya shrunk in her chair worried Meera and Shourya would get upset about this, but instead Meera smiled her way and Shourya patted her head lovingly, in a protective brotherly way. That was something Chhaya had craved; never having her father there, she was often deprived of having a protective figure in her life. But now it felt as of she was in abundance, with her husband, Shourya, Raj and Neel. 

(Ummm, and I. . . . .actually took a picture of Meesha's cheek because. . . you know Priya had hit her. . . .I wasn't sure if you guys would be comfortable with that, but this could help as evidence against her.)

Rohan nods his head before adding, "but we need to be very careful around her. No need to engage in too much conversation, just comply and give her what she wants. Make her feel like she's won, has everything under her control and we're willing to do anything she wants."

The three nod at his words, before Shourya, wraps his arm around Meera, bringing her into his chest and peppers her with kisses. Meera melts into his arms, allowing his fragrance to consume her. The two were oblivious to the eyes of Chhaya, watching them with a smile and she was oblivious to the eyes of Rohan who gazed at his wife, the longing in his eyes did something to his heart. He wanted to get rid of it, just make it vanish. 

So as if letting his heart take control, he too walked over to his wife. She was surprised when Rohan held her hand, and helped her stand before giving her forehead a kiss. 

 "I'll get the driver to take you home, you look really overwhelmed." He whispered. Meera nudged Shourya before pointing to the couple and giggling. Shourya smiled at her cuteness and pulled her closer. 

"No, I can't go home. You have a meeting with the finance head in ten minutes and then you need to go for lunch with a client, then we come back and there are like a hundred files to go through. I can't go home yet. That would be very unprofessional of me." Chhaya answered back before beginning to collect her things and began to walk out only to be stopped. 

"No, I'll manage. Go home, my dear assistant. It's your boss's order."

Chhaya tried to argue, but soon was convinced to just go home, Meera was also not going to work today so the two could get some time to spend together, not to mention Meera wanted to talk to the workers about keeping her kids away from Priya in the rare case where they are not under a family member. 

Soon the women found themselves in the comfort of their homes, after getting a cup of tea together they went for a walk through their garden. "Ashtami aa rahi hai, toh soch rahi hun ghar pr pooja aur kanjak bitha lun. Kya khyaal hai?"

(Ashthami is coming, I'm thinking of doing a pooja and organising a gathering. What do you think?)

"Meri bhi Nimrat bhua se yahi baa tho rahi thi, ho sakta hai ki mata rani hum pr thodi si krippa hi kr dein."

(I was also talking to Nimrat bhua about this, maybe Goddess Durga will show us some mercy.)

Meera nodded her head and smiled at her devrani. "Woh kaisi hain abh? Unki naayi treatment shuru hone wali thi na?"

(How is she now? Her new treatment was going to be starting, right?)

"Haan, Rohan ne kab sab kr liya pata hi nahi chal- yeh mere kamre mein kya kr rahi hai!? Isko toh abhi dekhti hun mein!"

(Yes, I didn't even realise when Rohan organised it- what is she doing in my room!? I will not spare her!)

Meera rushed behind the furious Chhaya as she marched towards her room. The room where Priya was sitting on her armchair and sipping tea from her favourite cup. Before Chhaya could get to her door, she was stopped by Meera. "Just remember what Rohan said."

Listening to that Chhaya took a few deep breaths opening the door to her room, catching the attention of Priya. "What are you doing here?"

"Can't you see? Drinking tea." 

"But why in my room?"

Priya shrugged her shoulders and said, "why not?"
Soon Chhaya and Meera found themselves sitting in front of an incredibly stubborn Priya who was adamant about staying in the room until her 'husband.'

Seeing Chhaya helpless, Priya began to tell the tale of her eloped marriage with Rohan and how in love they were. 

.

.

.

.

.

Okay, guys! That was the chapter! 

I know the updates are getting slow, that is because I'm busy preparing for my final placement which is really really important. Please be mindful that I'm trying to manage a number of things at one time.

I hope you guys understand and I'll try my best to get the next update as soon as possible.

And to the guys who saw the reel on Chhaya and Rohan know what's about to come up, so stay tuned you guys because you'll get that scene very soon! 

If you haven't seen the reel, then go follow me on Insta!