Chapter 3: Mrs Matchmaker Singhania

"Shourya! Seriously? They have to start preschool when they get back from Disneyland. I can't believe I'm even having this conversation with you." Meera, Rohan's sister-in-law, said to her husband, Rohan's tayaji's son. 

She was promoted to lead teacher last year, so that gave her flexibility with her timing at work and using that to her advantage she decided to accompany her husband to work. She was doing this to get the stupid idea of waiting another year before starting school out of his mind. They were also accompanied by their two kids, Meesha and Vihaan who were hanging out with their dadu right now.

They were walking over to Rohan's cabin right now as Shourya had to discuss some things with him. "Meera jaan! They are little, how can we let them into the big bad world?" Shourya sulked at his wife, who in return looked like he had landed from space and was talking gibberish. Shourya opened the door to Rohan's cabin making him look up as he guided his wife in. 

"Rohan, inhe samjhao ki mein jo keh rahi hun bilkul sahi hai!"
(Rohan, tell him that what I am saying is absolutely correct!)

Rohan rolled his eyes already knowing what they were talking about since that's been the topic of discussion at dinner for a few days now. 

"Shourya, jo woh keh rahi bilkul sahi hai."

(Shourya, what she is saying is right.)

Before Shourya could respond the door opens revealing Chhaya and Neel. She had three folders in her hand, she was struggling to balance them at once so Neel offered to grab them for her. She graced the man with a smile, unable to digest the fact that he was the father of the rude, evil, hot-sorry hot-headed man also known as her boss. She had been working at the office for two weeks now and Rohan has been absolutely ruthless. 

She got her first paycheck yesterday, so she was finally able to pay their overdue rent and buy her bua a saree with her first proper salary at her dream company. Things were getting better at home, but her days at work were just as bad. Rohan would make her work long hours, scold her over the smallest mistake, and reject almost everything she would prepare for the meetings. He was a tough critic, to put it nicely. However, after meeting the other men of the company, his father, uncle, and two cousins she was dumbfounded at how nice they were to her. Haye reh meri phooti kismat jo iss sadu ke saath kam krna pad gaya! She had thought to herself.

(Oh my broken luck that I'm stuck with this grump.)

"Hi, Chhaya! How are you?"
"I'm good Shourya sir. How are you?"
"I'm good too. And yes meet my wife, Meera! Meera, this is Chhaya. She's Rohan's new assistant."

Meera and Chhaya addressed each other for a moment before Chhaya turned back to her boss and gave him her files and held her breath as he looked through them. He shook his head and passed them back. 

"Take a seat here across from me and look over your reports. They need to be heavily edited."

Meera watched the way Chhaya held back a response itching to spill out and picked up the top file. Meera could see the underlying sass in the young girl as she picked up the pen and looked over. "No sir, I don't see anything. Can you please point it out so I have a better understanding of what you want me to review?" Chhaya held an almost victorious smile when she saw Rohan roll his eyes before coming around to show her. 

He leaned down and began to point out what needs to be fixed and Chhaya was quick to do so.

Perfect! Exactly what Rohan needs. Meera thought

She nudged her husband and Neel to step out for a moment before saying what was on her mind. 

"Chachu, aapko nahi lagta ki ki Chhaya is so perfect? She's the one?"

(Chachu, don't you think Chhaya is so perfect?)

"Perfect for what beta?"

"For Rohan, chachu! Aapne dekha how she was able to answer back to him when he was being rude?"
Neel and Shourya glanced at each other before shrugging their shoulders, they didn't notice anything. At least nothing crazy that would tell them that Chhaya was the one. "Aap log dekhna! Meri baat apko maani hi padegi!"

(You guys just wait and watch! You'll just have to agree with me!)

The next day,  Chhaya was at home. Rohan had joined the Disneyland trip, and she fought and fought hard to get the option to work from home. Not having the energy to deal with the annoying request Rohan said yes and made his way home. 

"Chhaya, mera baacha! Meri baat mano."

(Chhaya, my child. Listen to me.)

"Bua please, yeh job lagne se pehle humare paas rent tak bhi paise nahi the. Abh achanak se aap shaadi ki baat karoge toh kaise chalega? Aur waise bhi mein aapko chod kr kahin nahi jaane wali!"

(Bua please, before getting this job, we didn't even have enough money to pay rent. And now all of a sudden you're talking about marriage, how will this work? And I'm not leaving you anyway!)

Nimrat, Chhaya's bua held her hand and sat her on the sofa. The woman sat beside each other. 

"Beta, doctor ne bola hai na, ki mere paas zaada time nahi hai." Chhaya's eyes began to water as she shook her head, "Bua."

(The doctor has said I don't have much time left.)

"Mein chali jaoongi toh tum akeli ho jayogi. Jaane se pehle mein tumhe kush dekhna cahti hun. Apne ek naye parivaar ke saath."

(I'll leave and then you'll be all alone. Before I leave I want to see you happy. With a new family.)
"Bua, aapko kuch nahi hoga."

(Bua, nothing is happening to you.)

Nirat hugged the sobbing girl close to her as she said the only thing that she had been hanging onto since she had been diagnosed with cancer.

"Meri sirf ek hi iccha hai, tumhe dhulhan baane dekhne ki. Meri akhri iccha puri kr do."

(I only have one wish, to see you dressed as a bride. Please fulfil my last wish.)

"Bua!"

"Please mera baccha. Please."

The two women sobbed in each other's arms, both knew the reality except one was not ready to accept it. One ready to embrace her end and the other not ready to let go. One who had her last wish and the other who was now capable of fulfilling even the smallest wish. They both just wanted one thing and that was the happiness of the other.

Okay, so I have some sad news for you guys! In two weeks' time, I will be on my last round of placement. They will go for eight weeks, which means I will be out there from eight am to six pm, leaving me with very limited time to write and update the story. 

That is still two weeks away, but I'm giving you guys a warning well in advance to not expect a lot of updates during that time. However, I will try to upload as many chapters as I can before then! Sorry in advance and thank you for understanding!

Please remember to vote, comment and share the story!

Love you guys and see you in the next update.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️