Chapter 14: The Slap Part 2

"Tumhari himmat bhi kaise hui, mere baachon ki taraf dekhne ke bhi?"
(How dare you even look in the direction of my children?)

Shourya moved forward to calm his wife down. Although his anger was at its peak, they could not afford to have Priya upset and go to the police. They were in a tough situation right now and Priya's side could get more support. Although she is completely in the wrong, the media, protesters and the police will not let the Singhania family get their side of the story in. They had to wait till there was enough bank of evidence against Priya. 

Shourya got hold of Meera's arm only for his hand to be swatted away, seeing as she is not going to be stopping decided rather than prevention, he's going to have to go into damage control. Chhaya noticed that Shourya was struggling to manage the kids as well as the Meera, she quietly tapped his shoulder and gestured to pass the now hiccuping Meesha over to her. He sent her a grateful smile before also guiding Vihaan towards Rohan who had come to stand beside his wife. 

Chhaya cooed at the little girl before moving the kids away from the scene and downstairs, Rohan was quick to follow with Vihaan before nodding at his wife that he needed to go back up. Chhaya nodded back before getting the attention of the little girl and boy. 

"Hi, baby! Hi. . . .look here, look at you Chhaya chachi." After a little while of coaxing both of them, who were absolutely terrified, she managed to get them to calm down a little. 

"Why don't you little munchkins come and check out my new room? And guess what? Rohan chachu promised me he'll get a projector for our new room, so when it's cold we can watch movies in bed! And you can touch the flowers from my window and the bed is extra bouncy. So much better than the room upstairs. Do you want to go check it out?"

The wide frightened eyes turned into cheery ones at the words of Chhaya and they were soon giggling and ready to go. When in her room, Chayya took out a redness-cooling cream and gently applied it to Meesha's cheek. "Chhaya chachi, woh kon hai?"

(Chhaya chachi, who is she?)

"Woh bahi yahan toh nahi rahin gi na?"

(She won't be staying here right?)

Chhaya's heart broke for the little kids as they looked at her with their doe eyes. She bought the two into her arms before trying to explain to them in the best way possible what was going to be happening.

"Uh, my babies! You know she's our guest, so she will stay for a few days. But not too long though. You know like a few sleepovers here like you two have at nanu and nani's home."

Meesha sadly pouted at Chhaya before saying, "but when we go for sleepovers we're always nice. We don't hurt people. Sh-she h-hi-hit me."

Meesha's words and the way Vihaan gave her a side hug broker the already broken pieces of her heart. "I know baby, and I'm so sorry. What she did was absolutely wrong. She definitely should not have done that, and mumma and daddy will take care of that okay? Your parents will never ever let that happen to you again."

Meesha gently nodded her head before letting out a tired yawn, all the crying and being hit getting to her. Seeing his sister tired, Vihaan also automatically ended up yawning. It was a lot for him to take in as well, seeing his sister get abused had a lot of emotions being evoked. Both of them needed some time to rest. Chhaya tucked them in bed before taking a photo of Meesha's swollen cheek, which was for sure going to end up bruised. She settled into the armchair to keep an eye on the twins. 

Meanwhile, upstairs Priya looked at Meera as if she had committed the gravest crime for raising her hand. "How dare-"

Before Priya could finish her sentence her mouth was shut with a second smack across her face. 

"Chup! Ek lafz bhi muh se nikala toh ek aur dungi. Tumhe lag raha hoga ki tum hum pr haavi ho rahi ho, pr aisi koi baat nahi hai. Kuch din aish kr lo, kyunki jab yeh waqt badlega toh mere baachon ke aankhon se nikle hue ek ek aansoon ki badla lun gi. Aur jo thappad mara hai uska hisaab alag se."

(Shut up! One more word out of your mouth and you'll get another smack. You might think you've won, but it's nothing like that. Just some days more, because when this time changes, then I'll take revenge for every single tear of my children. And that slap is a whole other thing.)

Meera snaps her finger in front of Priya, "yaad rakhna. Aur aoni ulti ginti shuru krlo."

(Remember. And start counting down your days.)

"Tumhe pata hai na ki mein kya kr sakti hun!? I can bribe people to do what I want! Rohan aur meri shadi-"

(You do know what I can do!?. . . . . . . . . Rohan and my wedd-)

"Oh shut up! Kissi se bheek maange do paise kya jod kiye, khudh ko pata nahi kya samjh rahi ho. Aur jahan tak rahi tumhare aur Rohan ki shaadi ki baat. Toh tumhe pata hai ki woh tumhe divorce de chuka hai aur woh bhi-"
Meera stooped her rant for a second when something clicked in her head. Something clicked in Chhaya's head downstairs too as she was thinking about Rohan and Priya.

(Oh shut up! You've basically begged someone and gathered some money, don't know what you think of yourself. And where the topic of you and Rohan is then you know he has divorced you. That too-)

Meera looked at her husband as he registered her words and it seemed to click in his head too. Priya stepped towards Meera and went to claw her face only to be stopped by Shourya stepping in front of her. "Look, Priya. I'm saying this once and once only. You want to stay here for whatever motive of yours. Fine. Although as my wife said it won't be for too long. But for however long you are here. Do. Not. Ever. Come. Near. My. Kids. Or. My. Wife. And make sure I don't have to repeat myself."

Shourya grabbed Meera's hand and guided her downstairs. They were closely followed by the others who didn't spare the intruder a glance. The family gathered in the living room whilst Meera and Shourya went to Rohan and Chhaya's room to see the twins. Seeing them sleeping peacefully calmed the two down slightly before Meera broke down in her husband's arms. 

Chhaya stood in the doorway, frowning before being guided out by Rohan. As they were walking out, Chhaya asked her husband a question that got him thinking and things started to click in his mind.

"When you two got divorced or when she signed the papers, were there any witnesses except for the family? Someone had looked at the signatures and got Priya to confirm her signature was correct. I mean she could have lied to them, but if we have them as a witness then maybe we can prove that she is cheating the system."

"Yes," Rohan whispered.

He looked down at Chhaya, "we got divorced in the court hearing for her theft allegations. There was the judge and jury, she confirmed in front of all of them that her signature was true and correct. Sh-she was also under oath."

Rohan smiled at her before picking her up and twirling her around, "Oh Chhaya! You're a genius! This is the perfect place to start! Thank you! Thank you so much!"

Rohan pecked her cheeks as he put her down.

So here is your update guys!
I'm not so evil that I would make you wait too long!

Love you and see you at the next one! 

Also, I'm planning on making a reel with a small sneak peek of the next update over on my Instagram!

What do think of that as an idea? 

Something small that won't give too much away.

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️