Chapter 37: Cuddles

The knock on the window woke Chhaya up from her deep slumber. She jolted up, scared at the sudden noise. She looked around and couldn't find Muskaan or Riya which terrified her even more. Sitting up straight, Chhaya looked at the window. The tall, dark shadow is still visible on her balcony. Chhaya jolts again when there is another knock. She shuts her eyes tight reciting the Hanuman Chalisa before the knocking gets louder. Not knowing what to do, Chhaya scurries around to find her phone and she dials the only person on her speed dial. 

Not even two seconds later her phone gets answered and before she could get a word out the person on the other end says something that turns her fear into anger. 

"Chhaya, yaar window ke paas aao. It's me, aur bahar bohot thand hai!"
(Chhaya, come near the window. It's me and it's really cold outside!)

Chayya huffed and glared at the window, not making any move to go open it. 

"Nahi, tum wahan bahar hi bethe raho. Pata bhi hai kitna daar gayi thi mein? Baat mat krna mujhse, bata rahi hun. Aur bhagwan kre bahar itni thand ho jaaye ki . . . ki. . . ki . . .pata nahi pr tum bahar hi raho, Mein nahi aa rahi."

(No, you stay outside. Do you even know how scared I got? Don't even talk to me, I'm telling you. And I hope that God makes it so cold outside that. . . .that. . . .that. . . .I don't know but you just stay there, I'm not coming.)

Rohan realised he had screwed up and tried buttering her, but nothing seemed to work. 

"Chhaya, meri jaan. Acha nahi aaogi toh yahin betha rahunga, thand mein. Aur phir mujhe sardi ho zaayegi toh kal shaadi ke pictures mein laal naak wala dhulha chalega?"

(Chhaya, my love. Okay, if you don't come out, I'll just sit here and then I'll get sick. Will a red-nosed groom work with you in the pictures?)

"Haan chalega, mein photoshop kr lungi."

(Yes, it'll work. I'll photoshop it.)

"Please Chhaya, ek baar window kholo toh sahi. Mujhe ek baar tumhe dekhna hai, taki so sakun."

(Please Chhaya, just once open the window. I just need a glimpse so I can sleep.)

Hearing the desperation in his voice, Chhaya gave in and went over to open the window. As soon as she did Rohan was through the window and in her arms. He buried his nose into the side of her neck, reaching back to close the window, hiding the couple away from the teasing gaze of the snowy mountains. Chhaya melted in his embrace, letting her warmth travel to his heart. 

"We aren't meant to meet before tomorrow."

In response, Rohan just held her closer and mumbled something incohesive leading to Chhaya giggling. Before she could try to even escape his arms, Rohan slowly stalled the two over to her bed. Feeling the bed behind her, Chayya let herself fall, creating a domino effect it resulted in Rohan falling with her. 

Rohan peeked up to see Chhaya already looking his way, a light pink hue covering her cheeks and the tips of her ears. He smiled down at her, kissing her ears before rearranging them so that he was leaning against the headboard and she was cooped up in his arms and legs.

"Yahan kya kr rahe ho? Pata hai na ki hum ek dusre se nahi mil sakte. Bura shagun hota hai, agar kuch ho gaya toh?"
(What are you doing here? You know that we cannot meet each other. It's a bad omen, what if something happened?)