Chapter 39: Crimson

Rohan kicked the door to his room open and kicked it shut as he gazed at his blushing bride. He walked to the bed and helped her sit before bending down towards her finally removing her veil. His heart finally calmed down as he took in the magnificent view of his wife. Wife. He grinned at his own thoughts. Chhaya removed the veil completely off her head as she looked at her husband. Giggling at her thought, she slowly wrapped her arms around his torso and hugged him, sighing at the warmth he provided. 

Rohan gently smoothed out the strand of hair sticking out due to the veil being removed before pulling away. Shuffling closer, he leaned in to give every inch of her face a sweet kiss. It wasn't until her face had turned crimson red, and she became breathless from all her giggling did he actually stop. A knock on the door caught their attention before Rohan went over to answer. It was a waiter, bringing in their dinner. Seeing her favourite, Chhaya's tummy grumbled and she just couldn't wait to dig into the food. 

"Rohan! I need to change, Don't you dare even touch the food until I get back."

Before Chhaya could make her way over, Rohan held her hand and sat her back down. 

"Wait! Let me help with the jewellery and makeup. You won't be able to do it yourself."

Chhaya huffed at him ready to counter argue but was silenced by a peck on her lips. She slumped onto the bed as she let her husband take off all the heavy jewellery and gently wipe the makeup away before taking out a soothing gel and applying it to her neck and wrists.

Once he was done, he gently held the mangalsutra that was handing off Chhaya's neck. He gave it a kiss before bowing down to it. Rohan smiled when he felt the cold diamond touch his forehead and eyes before he let it go. Chhaya kissed his cheeks before rushing off to the bathroom to change. She was too tired to shower, that was going to be a tomorrow thing now. Rohan set the food on the bed for them before changing into his loose track pants and a hoodie. Soon enough, the door to the bathroom opened and Chhaya stepped out in light pink, silk pyjamas. She sat beside Rohan and was about to dig straight into the food when her husband stopped her. 

Chhaya almost whined when her hand was stopped mid-air causing a laugh to erupt from Rohan. He smiled her way before gently pushing the strands of her hair back and tying it up into a loose bun. 

"Your hair would have been in the way."

The pout on Chhaya's face turned into a smile as she then turned the spoon in his direction. She slowly fed him the morsel of rice and malai kofta. He gently ate it, slowly munching on the food in his mouth when he felt a light touch on the corner of his lips. He looked up at his wife who was focused on his mouth. When she heard her husband clear his throat she pulled her hand back and snapped out of her dreamy daze.

"Yeh kya ho raha hai?"

(What is happening here?)

Chhaya gently coiled back for a second before looking back up at Rohan.

"There was some rice on the corner of your mouth, I was just wiping it away."

"Aacha?"

(Really?)

Rohan's cheeky voice made Chhaya blush even more, knowing that she had just been caught staring at her husband's mouth. 

"Yes! And you've been taking care of me so much today, so now I should do the same for you."

Rohan's confusion was soon cleared when Chhaya turned herself in his direction and began feeding him. Rohan took in all the affection he was getting from her, enjoying every second of it. When she would switch between the different things on their plate and how she would take small bites as well when he would squint his eyes her way. He enjoyed how she would take a napkin and softly wipe his mouth, he enjoyed how she would giggle at him as she fed him, he enjoyed how she would lean down and give him a peck on his lips every now and then.

Soon when they had finished their dinner, Rohan found himself cuddled in Chhaya's arms. He just ate up the love he was getting and basked in the sweet, fuzzy feeling. After spending months improving himself, he was desperate for this moment. This was the reward he worked for and he would continue to work for it. 

"Chhaya, can you hold me tighter?"
Chhaya smiled down at her husband and happily accepted. She even peppered kisses on his forehead and in return, Rohan made a comment that made her stop and think for a second.

"This is supposed to be my job. You know. Cuddling you into my chest, holding you tight, giving you forehead kisses."

"No."
Rohan chuckled at his wife's one-word response.

"I'm serious Rohan. I love you! And I should be giving you the cuddles and love too. It's not just your job. We're a two-person team now, It's give and take. I'll always give you the comfort you want. Just like you'll give me the comfort I want."

"I love you, Chhaya."
"I love you too."

The moon smiled at the couple holding each other as they spent the rest of their night in each other's arms.