Chapter 20

"What do you think of yourself!!?
Nobody asked you to play leader for humans." I was angry now.

Who did he think he was, deciding our fate when none of us asked for it.

"I did what was right for my people." He said not wanting to continue this discussion anymore.

"Ohh so now you are gonna act like nothing happened."
How could he be this ignorant when people died because of him, even if he wasn't aware of it.
"What's done is done, you should be thankful I allowed you inside these walls,
when you humans deserve to d-....."
He was getting angry now, his eyes changing colors but I wasn't going to shut up.

"Why did you stop?... Why did you stop?!!!!!! don't be shy king, show me what you truly feel and what you truly are... A Beast." My eyes brimmed with tears.
I don't want to show emotions but these tears..they....they never stop.....

His eyes softened seeing me like this for a second but masked it away not wanting to show what went through his mind.

"You are not thinking straight right now.
We will talk when you are rather...practical" he said closing his eyes and massaging his temples, elbows resting on the study table.

"Right....that's what you do when you have no answers.But you know what, I exactly know what to do." I rushed out of his office not listening to him calling my name again and again.

He ignored me like a child throwing tantrum.Just you wait Alpha, I will show you how much of a child can I be.

My blood was boiling now, not wanting to think straight.
I needed to remind him his true place, he was nothing to us.

My feet took me to the storage room which I had seen Beta Eric put kerosene in on my way here.Now don't take me as a psycho but I had to teach this alpha a lesson....A lesson he won't forget ever.

Taking the biggest can I could find, I returned to his office but his door was locked showing he was busy in something important.

"Alpha Kinggggg" I called as sweetly as I could. It was filled with respect, alot of respect that our Alpha wasn't used to when it comes to me.

"WHATTTT!" came his voice, booming in the hall.

"Will you open the doors for your humble slave king?" I rolled my eyes on how fake I sounded and I could literally feel him rolling his eyes too behind the door.

"Give me one decent reason for it." He was getting on my nerves now, ughh this man and his stubbornness.

"Alpha paleez! I know I shouldn't have talk to you like this and to show you how sorry I am, I have brought you a gift.

Finally I heard some shuffling and after a minute long silence, doors to his office opened with him standing, hands folded and a frown on his face which I wanted to slap so hard.

"Yes?' he rudely asked.
" How mean are you, I brought a sorry gift and you are showing me this attitude." I walked in with my hands hiding the kerosene can.

"What is it you wanted to give me?"
He inquired clearly not wanting to put up with his calm demeanor right now.

"Alright have it then!" I said and without wasting any time, started emptying all the kerosene on his work table not leaving any dry spot.

"W a-what- " he couldn't comprehend what I was doing for a second but when he did, he started running towards me like a mad man.

"Stop it! Are you out of your bloody mind."he all but shouted.

With him behind my tail, I jumped over a pile of book and started pouring the left out can on some books.

"I said stop it!! Or you will regret it I swear!!!!" He was seeing red and that's what I exactly wanted, him being help less.

Just when I thought I was near my goal, and reached for the match box, I found out that I had forgotten to take it.
But it looked like luck was also on my side today because I saw a lighter just next to the book shelf.

Nearly tripping over the carpet, I reached for it and before he could get his hands on me, I had the lighter in my hand.

I was breathing heavily and him seeing me stop, also ceased his chasing.
A good two hand distance between us.

"What are you doing, what is that you have in your hand?" He asked again not liking the devilish smile I had on my lips.

"You said you don't care about anything except your kingdom right?"

I sounded like a psycho but there was no way other than this to show him how much it hurt seeing your home burn, your people die.
And to find out a person could have put an end to all this but he didn't.Just because he had child like ego and thought himself as some sort of deity.

"I didn't say anything like that, you have got me wrong!, Plz! Put that down, your gonna hurt yourself." He sounded like he cared but I knew better.

"Don't show fake concern, you should have done that before when humans were dying!!!! You could have saved us but didn't and now you are saying it's all our fault that we couldn't save each other." I screamed.

"I will show you what it feels like when your heart burns, when your HOME burns. I will burn you alive!! .....Because of you I am here , ALONE and HELPLESS!!" with that I dropped the burning lighter on his kerosene drenched table.

"Noooooooo!!!!!" I smiled basking in the peace I was getting while waiting to see him suffer.

BUT it didn't last longer .....
Because just after two minutes of that table burning, I felt as if my whole body was on fire.

And with in a minute , darkness started surrounding me and .... that Alpha, I could see him suffering but it surprised me rather than making me happy because it felt as if he wasn't worried about the paper work that burnt in those flames neither his office table that held God knows what important files.

It surprised me how...how his whole attention was on me.

But at least he was suffering seeing me in pain.I don't know why but he was ..... and it was enough for me.