Chapter 5 freedom=I saw him

It was night now and the sky looked so beautiful that it made me forget how I was in a post apocalyptic time and a survivor of zombie attack.
We had set our tents in a wild area on our way,still it was a long way to go and we would reach there tomorrow morning but rest was necessary in order to keep ourselves energized.
My thoughts were broken by a sound behind the bushes I was sitting beside, it was so little that no one but me heard it,not giving it much attention I tried ignoring it but it happened again and this time I even saw a pair of two beautiful eyes staring from the wilderness of bushes.The main thing that worried me was not them being there but me not getting scared rather wanting to see them more.
The more I stared the more I felt myself getting lost.
I came to reality when my mother called me out for dinner.
"Holy shit" I screamed in my mind cause I was nearly standing between a deep jungle and one more step forward could make me go lost in the woods.
Rushing back I stumbled upon something and picked it up,it was dark so I had to reach the camp site in order to examine my new finding.
"Where were you,I was worried never do that again,I was gonna send your father and brothers behind you"mum as always panicked.
"Chill mum I am never going anywhere as long as you all want me to stay"I said.
"You will be wherever is save for all of us and I will make sure of that"dad said clearly sending me a hidden message through his words.
It worried me how he was not being himself lately since we left the colony.
It is as if he has something going on in his mind continuously.
"Let's eat I can't wait any longer and the soup is already too tasty to smell".
After eating we all went in our tents, there were three of them and we were sharing them in pairs.As I lied down my hand came in contact with thing inside my pocket that I found in the jungle.I pulled it out and saw a beautiful stone, it was of a pretty pink colored stone with bluish streaks, I attached it to my chain and wore it like a pendant. After that I slept.

In the morning we continued our journey for more than three hours and finally reached the sea port.
What amazed me was the amount of people that had gotten there, they were not many but not less too.
And the best part was we were getting to keep our truck with us as there were inbuilt space for cars and other vehicles.
Parking our truck in the line to get in the ship dad started filling out the forms those military men gave him.
There were seven big ship like things lined up to the deck and people were happy by the looks of it.
"No one will be left behind there is space which is more than enough and no one has to sacrifice themselves in order to get the other in board".
I said.
"May be" dad mumbled again his tone odd, warning me of his unnatural response and yet again I ignored, not wanting to judge or even doubt him at any cost.
"Come on your mum and siblings must be waiting"he said and started walking not waiting for me.
When we reached at the spot where our truck was parked in I saw my mama talking to a family of four with my siblings.I too introduced myself along with dad, they were nice as a young family of four, they consisted of
a couple name saleem and Salah and thier two children, a boy of two years arham and a girl of one week ana .
Time went by with us talking and joking around, it was all good and we were close to the entrance of the ship as the queue went on moving in, one family at a time, when suddenly a scream came from far away and more followed in with heavy and uneven steps making thier way to us.
At that time I knew what it was and how could I not ,I have been hearing it for the past two years.
Those monsters were here, those shit heads we called dead ones were here again making me doubt the news that the military ran across radio stations.
I looked at my dad who was already looking towards me, I nodded silently telling him to move our family inside along with new friends we made just now.
"No come back Aina, baby it is not worth it come here let's get in"mum thrashed in my brother's who was trying to take her inside the ship.
"No mum!!! If I don't stay they will get in the ship and kill us all go back in"
I pleaded her,she was a mother but a practical woman also.
Mum after giving me a glance turned and ran with Salah who was having a difficult time running and holding her baby boy but something was missing and then I realized saleem was left behind trying to get something of his car as I ran towards him a zombie made it's way towards us"Watch out Saleem"I screamed.
And in time I got out of the way giving me a chance to kill it.
"What are you doing here idiot"I said clearly forgetting the respect our age difference required between us.
"My daughter she was in the car,u came back for her"he said making me feel guilty for my out burst.
While hiding in the car I noticed we were surrounded by those zombies and the ship was blowing it's horn as if indicating it's departures.
I saw dad at the front of the ship entrance staring at me with empty eyes as an officer said something in his ears while mom wept hysterically.
"We can still make it let's run"
Saleem said more like whispered.
"We are surrounded one of us will die surely"I said not liking my own words.
"If it happens it will be me and don't feel guilty you tried your best and even risked your own life when like everyone else you could also have left me to die"he said not looking at my eyes.
With a deep breath I said"Ok let's just go"
he smiled at me and gave ana to me after wrapping her in a clothed bundle"Tie her wrap around you tightly it will be easier".Sighing I gathered what was left of my guts.
"One more thing don't tell Salah I was alive till now tell her I was bitten or else she will not be able to forgive me"
He said wiping his tears that started to fall.
"Don't do this to your self I can be the bate plus she needs you,you have to be there for the unborn child".
I finished.
"Let's go"he ignored my pleas AGAIN.
Alright suits you but I will do what will be right....

DOCNOVAC