Chapter 15

After walking Ethina, I handed her to the women and went to search the west wing for problems.

On my way, I didn't know why but my heart was uneasy, beating rapidly. It felt weird that my numb heart didn't forget to beat after so long.

Not thinking much, I concentrated on the way.

Within an hour long journey we were there.
It was an open area on one side a  forest where we had came out from, on front we had the sea facing us and a line of cliff on our both side.
My idea was to built the wall in between the forest and our pack borders so that nothing could come and attack us easily.

My people started showing me around, briefing me the time frame following which we will be able to have a concrete wall. I was so busy that I couldn't tell when time passed and it was near night.

The design was great, there were alarms and heat sensors installed in the wallthat could easily detect any thing breathing in waters or the forest. The pillars on tops had automatic machine guns with bullet proof glass for the soldiers.

"It should be completed before the full moon. You know we can't afford any more deaths." I warned my workers.

"It was due on the first of this month sir but the storm made it difficult." One of them said.

"It's alright but you kn-" I couldn't complete my sentence and the alarms for the west wing blew.
"What is it!???" I asked, praying it was just a false alarm.

"Sir sensors detected a body near the west wall." One man came running from the nearby cctv room.

" May be it's one of the human demons !!!!" one worker voiced his fear.

Murmuring and low shrieking began among the crowd that surrounded me.
"QUEIT!"
I SHOUTED.
And as I expected, there was a pin drop silence.

And it did nothing more than worsen my fear of the future.
The wall was incomplete and we didn't how many of them were there or if they had breached the wall.
If they did, it would be a threatening Condition.
" All soldiers proceed towards the broken wall, armed...if there is something we will kill it. Women and children will be sent to the pillars."
My voice boomed, leaving no room for an argument.

We reached there and I ordered everyone to search the surroundings.
It was difficult stepping out of the borders and towards the forbidden forest and beach but we had to do it.
There were families for us to protect.
More than 2 thousand pack members in the walled city.

" Sir nothing .." a man cam towards me, his breathing heavy.

"I will search the cliff and the beach, give me the heat detector." I told my soldiers out of the blue, not knowing why something was calling me there.

" But..Sire there is danger, you should-" Eric tried.

"I am going..." giving him a a side look, I started walking.

As I was nearing the beach, the wall was vanishing out of my sight, the torch becoming the only source of light for me.

After looking here and there, I decided to head back.
But suddenly the heat detector started
beeping.

I couldn't see anything that was giving off the signals but pushing my luck, I went a little more ahead.

Just when I thought there was nothing, a faint but rapid heart beat was heard along with the sweetest scent I had ever smelled before. It was
impossible....it can't happen.

Without knowing I started walking in the direction it came from.
And within five minutes I was Infront of a body.
A broken sigh and an angry growl emitted from me...
"A human..." I voiced my identification.
My wolf was getting restless, I was feeling things that weren't there when I saw my bloodied mate on my foot steps.

"Impossible....." hands shaking, I moved towards her.
She was lying on the beach, face down, may be her ship was drowned or she was thrown out of it for being infected.

Gathering all the courage, I made her lie on the back, hoping she was alive and healthy.
What welcomed me was a face I couldn't tear my eyes from.
Her eyes were closed but I knew they were beautiful, it made me wonder what color must they be, a pointed cute button nose which was red due to the cold she was in for so long.
Her cheeks, chubby and so red, complementing her fair complexion.
Her lips full and rosy.
She was an angel.
She was beautiful and breathing...
I inspected her for the bite marks, not finding anything, but what was she doing here? I questioned myself.

Right now I had to make sure she was alright, she was the only thing that was going to give hope to me and my people.

She is human my inner voice said.

"She is mine..... And she is mate".. i answered back not able to process how can she exist when I lost her one year ago.