Just To Know You're Here

Watching them perform, watching all of them perform, is exhilarating. The sheer production of their sets, their wardrobe, the choreography, how hard they work and how in sync they are, makes her feel almost overwhelmed. The crowd feels the same energy pulsing through the space, filling them, each of them, until they are overflowing. It's unlike any experience she has ever had, and it feels magical to be sat up in this high perch, watching it all unfold. She's connected to it, but yet apart. She's one of the adoring crowd, enjoying his public performance, but she's part of his life, part of his private life. Before the concert is finished, she feels a tap on her shoulder and she turns quickly to see Jongdae standing behind her. It's too loud to hear anything, but he motions for her to follow him.

She doesn't want to leave while he's still on stage, but she stands up from her spot, smiling down at him as he performs and she notices that he smiles so broadly at the crowd. She knows he's completely happy. In this moment, everything is right in his world. She hurries to follow Jongdae up the steps to the main area of the suite. As she follows him through the door she wonders where he's taking her and why he's moving so quickly. He brings her past security, through the doors to the elevator, and once inside he turns to her.

"There will only be seconds for you to see him," he says. She looks up at him, curiously. "They leave immediately, almost before the song finishes playing they will already be on their way to the hotel," he explains further.

She follows him from the elevator back to the wardrobe room off of the lounge area she first saw. As she hurries to keep up, she realizes what he's saying; If she wants to see him, she only has this instant. She knows she can't ride in the car with him, and she can't see him during the live broadcast he's about to do. She didn't see him during the concert, though she believes he knew she was there. She felt that he had seen her, as extraordinary as that seems, she felt in that moment that he reached for her, to let her know he saw her. But if she wants any direct contact with him, it's right this moment.

She stands awkwardly, expectantly, in this large empty room. People are gathered near the doorway to the stage and chat amongst themselves. She recognizes them as wardrobe assistants and she realizes they must need to get out of wardrobe quickly so it can be cleaned for the next show. She might not have any time with him at all really, and she wonders if her being there will really make any difference. He can't have more than 30 seconds with her if he really has to be in a car headed to the hotel before the song finishes playing.

The crowd behind the doors erupts into even louder applause as the music continues, and then a thunderous sound of many people traveling together echos through the room. The wardrobe assistants almost spring to life at the same moment and each hold out towels as a sea of people, not just the members, come through the doors, flooding into the room and surrounding her. She steps back, almost in shock at the surprise of seeing Kim Namjoon, as large and as tall as he is, standing in front of her as the sweat is mopped from his brow and items of jewelry are pulled off of him. He walks toward a table with bottles of water, undeterred, surrounded by a group of people pulling at his clothing and jewelry.

He looks up at her with a look of uncertainty, as though he's wondering who she is and why she's in this room, then his expression changes, as if the realization has come over him. He walks towards her, and smiles, full dimples showing, and greets her warmly, even as a wardrobe assistant opens the buttons on his shirt to remove it.

"You must be Soo Ah, Yoongi will be happy to see you." Soo Ah quickly bows low, feeling a flush of embarrassment at Namjoon knowing her name! That's a concept she would hardly have believed could be possible a few short weeks ago.

"Thank you, I'm honored to meet you," she says, feeling very nervous now that he's standing in front of her.

Just in that moment she feels a hand wrap around her waist and she turns quickly to see Yoongi smiling at her. She beams when she sees him, almost forgetting she just met Kim Namjoon seconds earlier. She leans in to kiss him on his cheek, feeling the dampness of his skin. He mops at his neck as his hand pulls her body closer. She leans in, sliding her hand across his shoulder and she whispers into his ear.