Big City

She stretches her body across the big bed to plug her phone in to charge, knowing he won't reach out for the next few hours at least. She walks to the window to look out at the old buildings, mixed with shining new buildings that look like what she's used to seeing. This city is massive. Seoul is a huge city, and she read the population is almost the same, but London is more than double the size in area. She watched it coming into view from the plane. It seemed to go on forever! They circled the city, to line up to land at Heathrow, and she could pick out landmarks she'd always read about, and seen photographs of. She wondered if she will be able to visit any of them. Probably not with Yoongi, his security might not allow it and even if they did he may already have seen everything on previous trips. She could go alone...

It's definitely intimidating being here alone. She knows she isn't entirely alone, Jongdae and two other security were also traveling on the same plane and he said she could reach out if she needed anything but he told her they would first be checking each of the rooms to be sure the members are safe and have privacy. They have to send someone ahead for every hotel stay, even at these super fancy hotels.  Jongdae said there might still be someone on staff who won't behave appropriately, or who might alert the press that they're staying there. He told her occasionally people that are on staff at the hotel leave notes in the room for members to find and they have to remove them because they wouldn't feel secure if they felt like someone had access to their room, even if it was a nice note, it still crossed a boundary that shouldn't be crossed. Once they go inside their room and shut the door, that should be their personal time to be alone, and decompress.

She wonders if this is why Yoongi felt he needed someone with him, if he felt trapped in his room, and needed the company of someone he could trust. When he first told her about the idea she thought it was ridiculous because Min Yoongi could have anyone he wanted as a girlfriend, and bringing someone on a contract just for companionship seemed totally unnecessary, but the more she learns about how he lives, the more sense it makes. She now trusts him enough to do what's best for him. She wonders if she can trust herself enough to do what's best for her.

She closes the curtain, and lies back across the bed, staring at the blank monitor of the TV. She can't watch anything, it would all be in English. He told her she could go out and go sight seeing, or shopping, but she doesn't feel right using his card unless she has to, and she's fearful of trying out English phrases with people who speak the language natively. She only had a few years of English lessons in school and that was years ago. She didn't expect she would really need it beyond what might appear in a script. His English is very good from what she's heard when he's on the phone. Maybe if she waits to go places with him, he can do all the talking.

She's restless and worn out from travel, but she knows that if she sleeps now, she will be awake during the time he's flying and sleeping on the plane. Then he will arrive rested, and she'll be ready to sleep again. She frowns, unsure if she can drink enough coffee to stay awake. Maybe if she sets an alarm, she can just sleep for two hours. That should give her enough time to reset to London time. Just a few hours of sleep and she can get up and eat a late dinner. Maybe she will go for a swim in the pool. She smiles as she pulls the blanket over her body and snuggles into it.

It's not as soft as Yoongi's duvet. It's thinner, and feels a little more stiff, even though the sheets are soft, with a high thread count. She might never have felt a duvet as soft as Yoongi's. She wonders if she will ever feel it again. There won't be a reason to go back to his apartment after their time on tour is over. She frowns at the idea that she has seen his house for the last time. Then, she laughs a little to herself, at a new idea. Maybe she can ask him for his duvet as a parting gift. She laughs out loud at even thinking of asking him. She rolls over onto the side of the bed that would be his side and then she remembers that she's in her own room, not his room. Maybe his blankets are nicer.