Travel Day

She follows Jongdae out into the crisp morning air and sees a large black SUV with dark windows idling in the circular drive. He sets her bags down next to the car and opens the door for her, allowing her to get in before he places the bags in the back. He gets into the seat on the other side of her, not in the front as she expected, and she looks over at him, wondering what sort of small talk she should make. The car pulls away from the apartment building and she takes one last look at it before the driver turns out of the security gate.

Jongdae stares straight ahead, with a blank expression, and she wonders if he's nervous, because he seems to be just staring at the back of the drivers seat, his hands clenched in a tight fist. He looks uncomfortable, but somehow, it puts her at ease. She can be the brave one.

"I hope it isn't too inconvenient for you to have to travel with me," she says apologetically. He looks over at her surprised.

"I'm happy to go with you to make sure you have a good trip. I will work hard and do my best," he says and it makes her laugh to hear words so similar to what she said to Yoongi.

"I promise I'm no trouble." She holds up her hand in a mock pledge. "You won't have to work hard," she chuckles at the idea. He shakes his head, looking perhaps more concerned.

"I will make sure there is no trouble. I don't want to upset him." He says, maybe without meaning to admit that last part. She snickers a little at the idea.

"Who? Yoongi? He's fine, you don't have to worry about him," she thinks aloud. Jongdae shakes his head.

"He's very intimidating." She turns to him surprised and won't believe it.

"He's not at all, he's a pussycat," she dismisses his comment. Jongdae continues to shake his head 'no.'

"That's because he likes you. The rest of us are quite fearful of him."

She laughs at the idea of it, but, she remembers feeling a level of intimidation when she first met him, and she hopes she hid it well. She wasn't intimidated when she saw him on the elevator, more like, pleasantly surprised by him. She wasn't even intimidated by him at the audition. She assumed he had something to do with the production and was just another person she had to impress in order to get the role. But when she was sitting across from him in his office, trying to figure out what it was he wanted from her, that was a little scary. She smiles at the memory, and the feelings she has now after spending so much private time with him.

"Have you not worked for him long?" He shakes his head quickly and she notices he seems to be sweating a little.

"No, only a few weeks. I work with all of them, but Suga nim is the only one I am still nervous around," he admits. She reaches over and pats his hand to comfort him. He looks up at her surprised.

"It will all be ok, the more you are around him, the more comfortable you will feel." He grins, as if he's relieved by her words, and he seems to relax just a little. She pulls out her phone and holds it up in front of them, indicating he should pose. He laughs at the idea of it, a big hearty laugh that makes the tension in him disappear.

"Say 'Cheese!" she instructs and he leans in and poses for the picture, feeling much less anxious. She smiles as she reviews the picture and she sends it to her new contact; Min Genius.

"You're very nice Miss Kim, you aren't what I was expecting." He smiles over at her, feeling grateful. She nods to him.

"We should make our time together as pleasant as possible. I'm a little nervous taking this trip alone, so I appreciate you accompanying me." She looks down, distracted by her travel documents in her carry on bag as they drive down the busy road.