not everyone

With a splitting headache, you stared at the dark ground as people moved around you. Momo, Midoriya and Kirishima all around you, trying to comfort you. You'd stopped crying now. Now, you were just numb.

You killed your own father was felt sorry for yourself the entire time. Zareru had been captured somewhere and the pro heroes where taking care of everything. Police were called, and two cop cars have showed up, more to come.

You saw the shoes of someone walking up to you, and by the sounds that Midoriya made, you assumed it was All Might. You assumed correctly. The retired pro hero had waved off the three students, and bent down in front of you. You blinked and looked up at him, not making an effort to move your head, rather just your eyes.

"How are you going?" He asked, trying to be sincere.

You took a breath in and look around you, making it blatantly clear that there were police everywhere with their lights on, a villain was being captured and the pros where running everything. 

"Okay, bad question." He admitted and raised his hands, also looking around. "Was there anything the League of Villain told you? Anything important we could use?"

"My brother broke into UA with half the intent to kill me, he toyed with me and then revealed that my father was and currently is, a mindless Nomu he has every control of." You blanked stared into All Might's face. "He was bitching around. This is his idea of fun."

There was a moment of silence. "Aizawa said something about you thinking you've killed your father...you know that's not true, right?"

"I let him fall into the water." You looked back to the ground. "I let him die."

All Might sighed and moved around to sit opposite you. "Young L/n." Please no. "When your parents passed away, it was not your fault, not matter how hard you believe it is. You did not let your father die. You were still a child when it happened, their was nothing you could've done."

"You weren't there." You didn't look at the hero. Feeling the awkwardness rise, you shifted in your seat. "What about Bakugo?"

"Bakugo?"

"Yeah, the...the Nomu hit him with his quirk. The side effects and total hit of the quirk should've worn off by now, but he might be a little delusional right now." You explained. 

"As far as I know, Young Bakugo is just fine..." All Might eyed you for being interested in Bakugo's well-being. "Why do you ask?"

"I- well, maybe because he went bat-shit insane and hallucinated shit." You quickly defended yourself, not knowing why you felt the need to get defensive.

"I didn't hallucinate shit." Bakugo's raspy voice appeared behind you. "You were seeing it too."

"I'll leave now." All Might nodded to himself. You watched as the tall skeleton of a man walked away, going to talk to Aizawa. After a hot minute, Bakugo plumped himself down where All Might once sat.

"Your quiet..." Bakugo observed, and when you didn't make a snarky comeback or start to bully him, he got confused. Did he have to deal with another wall be had to find and break down? "Why'd you throw me and damn Deku away?"

"I knew you wouldn't last so long out there." You looked at your feet, the ground and the grass. You saw little ants crawl around the grass. "And don't tell me I'm wrong, I knew my fathers quirk and you were hit hard."

Bakugo scoffed. "It was just that stupid villain from middle school."

You glanced at him for a moment. You couldn't tell if that attacked affected him badly or not, which left you wondering how stable he was.

"And you didn't kill him." Bakugo added, turning his own head to look at you, a serious expression on his face.

"You weren't there." You wanted to turn away, but there was barely any room left between the two of you. You were shit at math, but if you had to guess, 15cm of air separating the two of you from...

"I didn't have to be." Bakugo held his expression. "At the start of the year, you could barely throw a ball 300 metres with your quirk and you could barely fight one of those entrance exam robots properly. Judging by your strength then, compared to you as a child who only just got your quirk, you couldn't save him."

"If I made the right choice-"

"You can't save someone whose already dead." Bakugo interrupts you as you were speaking and you shut your mouth. You turned away, facing the back of your head to him. "You were still a kid... shouldn't even have to go through that shit in the first place."

"Why do you care?" Your words weren't condescending or rude, but rather an honest question. You couldn't get him, you didn't understand him, it didn't make sense to you. 

"Why can't you accept that some people just wanna help?" He reply back quickly, and you gave him a look. As if he couldn't also accept that fact. 

"I... can accept that people want to help..." You glanced at the boy, wanting to go back in time and never say the next words you were about to say. It was stupid, so stupid. Stupid, stupid, stupid. "It's just...those people- everyone- they always...leave in one way or another."

You almost laughed at the thought. "I mean, my only blood-relative is trying to kill me, so I don't think he's all too great. Every time I met someone, they leave. They die. They want to kill me. They abandon me. They forgot me...every time."

Bakugo turned around, looking over his shoulder at the students who were getting patched up or examined. "What about the people who are still here?"

"After graduation, half the class aren't going to talk to each other. Someone will rise to the top, and the rest will be scattered around, we won't talk to each other anymore. And when we do, it will be meaningless conversations. That's just the way life goes." You sigh.

"Ponytail watched you get abducted. She ran out, screaming for help." As Bakugo went on, you held your breath. "Shitty-hair and I were the first ones out, she kept on yelling and barking orders at us as she ran into the forest. Fucking Deku and his weird friends came around, and two of em went off to find the teachers. Half and half bastard just had to show up, and we all went into the forest. Glasses told everyone to stay inside and wait until the pros arrived, but if another second went by, they would've broken down the doors"

You looked over at the forest tree line as Bakugo continued. "Not everyone is going to leave."

A joke. You need a joke right now. "That's some corny shit right there."

Bakugo scoffed, but you caught the smile and light laugh on his face as he turned away from you. He laughed and the heavens opened up above you and stars started to align with each other. And that scared you, because now you were starting to see how much you cared for the ash blond. This was dangerous.

But you loved the thrill.

Me after writing the most gut-wrenching, tear making, sob story, movie plot worthy, traumatised teenage backstory, spine cracking, noose-tying, heartbreaking, chest-clenching, gasped breath, life rethinking, shocking, plot twisting, character tea and then making a fun lil quirky chapter with Bakugo and yn helping each other out.