the mind flayer

*warning: this is a very long chapter (5307 word count) so make sure to sit down for this one*

With ease both boys diverted Hisa's hands, Bakugo used his quirk to knock Zareru away and pick up your useless body before it smashed on the ground.

"Won't let wim louch vou." You widened your eyes at Bakugo, pointing at Hisa with your eyes. "Wistwacked wim."

"What?" He sounded confused, you were trying to say to 'distracte him', as in Hisa, but thinking about it better, distancing him wouldn't work.

You looked around, trying to think of something to say in order for Bakugo to make Hisa distracted and lose his connection. You looked back at the ash blond, who was currently looking forward and making sure he wouldn't fall.

Oh please don't kill me. "Boom boom boom boom boom boom." The words came out perfectly, and Bakugo looked down with confusion and slight annoyance. "Hisa boom boom boom boom."

"He's got a bomb?" 

"WO!" This actual dumbass. "Hisa wim boom! Boom wim!"

This moment of confusion didn't last long in Bakugo's features. As he finally got the gist of what you were saying, he grinned as he cocked his head up at the villains nearby. "No problem."

Bakugo shot off towards Hisa, with you still in his left arm. With his free arm, Bakugo extended it further, getting inches and inches closer to Hisa. Hisa's eyes were trained on you with a fear-quaking glare, but they soon directed to Bakugo as the boy got closer.

Hisa's reflexes kicked in, but he was always slow, even in childhood. Bakugo blew him off his ass, making Hisa tu,ble in the air as he smacked against the ground. Your body jolted to life, the sudden movement, making Bakugo hold a tighter grip on you, but he lessened it as you got control of your movement.

"Huh, thanks." You approve.

"I told you!" Hisa's voice screamed out into the forest around you. Somehow echoing, seeming as if he was right next to you or so far away all at once. "I told you, Y/N! All I wanted as a reunion! Don't you miss dear old mother and father?!"

At first thought, you classified him as insane. Then there was gurgling on a nearby tree, and looking over you saw the black goop from the-

"Dad." You barely whispered out as your body froze. Hisa wasn't even in reach of you, and yet you were paralysed once more by his doing.

It was your father, you knew that. The nomu wore his eyes and his face in a way. This was your father. The one that died and became a mindless monster for the villains. Around him, the scenery started to change, it was morphing in a way. Your eyes widened and you quickly turned on your heel, pushing Bakugo as you went, dragging him along with you.

"Get down!" You yelled, frantically whipping your head around to see that...that thing chasing you, ripping off branches of the trees as he hunted you down. "Don't fight him!"

"What? Are you-"

"His quirk is Mind Tricks, he'll fuck with your brain! Don't test it! We have to sneak up on him, but for now-" you dodged a giant log the nomu threw at you. It was like running from King Kong. "For now, just run!"

"I'm not running!" Bakugo grunted and yanked his arm back, spinning and turning back to the Nomu. "Come ere!"

"No, you fucking idiot!" You slowed your self, but you were too late.

Bakugo lunged forward, but as the Nomu turned to him and the scene around the thing changed, Bakugo started to slow. You cursed and ran forward, trying to dodge and hide from that monster.