violation of the rules

"Thinking about it now, we did some amazing, huh?" Midoriya said, looking at the ceiling. "Seeing an ending like that really makes you feel like it's a miracle we're alive...With my leg like this, he probably could've killed us if he wanted to."

"Yeah. We were obviously left alive on purpose." Todoroki looked at his bandaged arm. "You're amazing to have been able to face him, after all the murderous intent directed at you."
Todoroki looked towards Iida.

"No, that's not it." Iida admitted, looking down. "I..."

"Oh, are you wounded kids awake?" Gran Torino and Manual walked in the room.

"Gran Torino!" Midoriya was happy to see his mentor.
"Manual..." Iida wasn't so happy.

"Kid, I've got a lot of complaints for you." Gran Torino walked towards the green haired boy. "But before that, you've got a visitor."

A tall man with a dog face walked in with a solemn expression resting on his face. He wore a suit with a dog patterned tie.
"Hosu's chief of police, Kenji Tsuagamae."

You stayed in the bed as Todoroki, Iida and Midoriya all quickly rose to their feet.
"Oh, you can just stay seated, woof."

"You must be the UA students who brought down the Hero Killer, right?" Iida confirmed this.
The chief of police came all this way...why?

"Regarding the Hero Killer we arrested. He had fairly serious injuries with burns and broken bones and is receiving treatment under strict guard, woof." You side-eyed the three boys. "Since you are UA students, I'm sure you already know that when superpowers were still becoming the norm, the police attached high importance to leadership and standards, and made sure quirks were not used as weapons. And then, the profession 'hero' emerged to fill that gap, woof."

"What are you getting at?" You stood on your feet now, tilting your head slightly at the dog-man.

"An individual's use of force and power that can easily kill others, actions that normally would be appropriate to denounce -to be accepted officially, is thanks to the early heroes who followed the ethics and rules of the profession, woof. Even up against the hero killer, for uncertified individuals to cause injury with their quirks without specific instructions from their guardians or supervisors is a clear violation of the rules." Tsuagamae said, hands in pockets.
You scoffed.

"The four of you, and the pro heroes, Endeavour, Mirko, Manual and Gran Torino must receive strict punishment."

"Wait a second, If Iida hadn't done anything, Native would've been killed. If Midoriya hadn't come, the two of them would've been killed." Todoroki said firmly. "No one realized that the hero killer had appeared. Are you saying we should've followed the rules and watched people get killed?"

"Are you saying that as long as it turns out all right, it's okay to bend the rules?" Tsuagamae counter attacked.

"Yes!" All eyes turned to you. "Of course it would if it meant saving a group of people from certain death! Quirk or not, wouldn't you defend yourself if someone was trying to kill you? We would've died, do you understand that? Would you really tell people it was okay since we didn't use our quirks?"

"That is not what I'm say-"

"Then what are you saying? Because it sounds like you're mad that we survived. The Hero Killer would've killed more people and gotten away with it. High school students defended themselves against a mass murderer."

"Isn't it a heroes job to save people?' Todoroki added, anger showing on his face.

"That is why you are no a full-fledged hero yet. Goodness, what are you being taught by UA and Endeavour, woof?" Tsuagamae closed his eyes in disbelief.