denial is a river in egypt

You were tempted to press all the buttons in the elevator as you walked out, but you didn't as you thought it would be funnier to press them all if someone were to walk in. With the (unwanted) help of the crutches, you walked your way into the kitchen to grab a glass of water, passing the girls as you did.

"Even so, there's less than a week left until the provisional license exam." Momo said as she sat poshly.

"Oh please, don't remind me." You genuinely thought you had said this in your head, but no, you were cursed with stupidity.

"Oh, Y/n! I didn't see you there, would you like to join us?" Momo smiled sweetly at you. You smiled bitterly back at her.

"I really wouldn't-" you were seconds away from saving yourself when Tsu harshly stuck her tongue out and forced you to sit in the couch. "Or, you know, do that."

Tsu chuckled, happy with herself. 

All I wanted was water...why must the world be so cruel.

You huffed as you slouched across the couch,  aren't listening to what the girls had to say. Good for them they improving their quirks, but you really wanted a glass of water. As you were plucking the lashes from your eyes, you were awaken from your distancing of reality when Uraraka screamed.

"Ochaco?" Tsu tilted her head in the most heart clenchingly cute way possible that made your furrow your eyebrows. "Are you tired?"

"Oh, no, I'm not tired at all!" Uraraka smiled and made fists. "I'm just getting started!...at least, that's how it's supposed to be, but, how do it put it...Recently my hearts been feeling all stirred up."

"Alright, bye." You scampered for freedom, but Jiro held you back. Water...please.

"You're not leaving me here." She held you to the couch, against your will. This was abuse.

"It's love!" Mina yelled, so happy with herself.

"Wh...what did you say? Glove, shove, dove? I don't know what your talking about!" She objected it, but it was painfully obvious.

"Is it Midoriya or Iida?" Mina leaped forward, getting straight to the point. "Your always around them, so it has to be one of them!"

"No, no, that's not it!" Uraraka slapped her face with her hands and soon enough she was up in the air, spinning around. You fought your inner demons to not smack her against the wall.

"Let me leave, I'm too tired for this shit." You pulled on Jiro, who surprisingly had a lot of strength.

"Oh, no you don't." Mina jumped across Jiro and sat her hands down on your shoulders. "Your not leaving until we talk about spikey boom boom boy."

"Do not put that in my head." You deadpanned. "Don't even take that anywhere."

"You literally flirt with each other all the time, it's gets embarrassing! Just admit it! You totally like him!" She giggled.

"If you just turn around, you will see who Uraraka is making lovey-dovey eyes too, right now." You smacked her hands. "I do not like Bakugo like that either, god, you are such children."

"Denial is a river in Egypt." Jiro winked her back into the couch, relaxing. 

"In all stages, mentally, physically, emotionally and spiritually, it hurts to be with you."

"In all stages, it's hurt to see you so damn stubborn." Mina scoffs and let's go of you, making her first mistake of many.

You took the opportunity to place your fingers to your mouth and whistle, the girls looked at you confused until the running of Uggie came sprinting around the corner. You stepped aside and told him to attack Mina, in which he jumped on the girl and started to maul (lick) her face.

Meanwhile,

Over where the boys were hanging out, it was by pure coincidence that they were having a similar conversation.

"Okay, but what about SZA?" Denki was nearly exasperated. He said once that his childhood crush was Meryl Streep, and the boys had been all over him since.

"Okay! Good! Great, that's a normal answer, SZA is a good answer...finally." Sero clapped but ended up running his hands through his hair. "Still though man, why did you have to say Carrie Fisher?"

"Carrie Fisher is good looking!" Denki was so close to cry, his tear build up was stronger than Hoover dam.

"Yeah, but she's dead! And same goes with Marilyn Monroe! - And Audrey Hepburn!" Sero had a good point. "I mean...dude...you got a thing for corpses?"

"JUST BECAUSE THEIR DEAD DOESN'T MEAN THEY CANT BE PRETTY!" Denki was so close to snapping. He was on his breaking point.

"Your fucking weird, dunceface." Bakugo scoffed, not really listening to their conversation, but they were yelling, so it was hard not to.

"Oh, don't get me started on your type!" Denki sat up straight. Kirishima seemed to widen his eyes at Denki's words and rushed to stop him but- "Your head over heels for Y/n! And she's psychotic!"

"Dude..." Kirishima hung his head, knowing how Denki just signed his own death.

"What?" Bakugo was now listening very well. "I don't have a thing for that dumbass!"

"Oh, he's even in Egypt." Denki throws his hands in the air. "You flirted with her ever since...I don't know, but you've been doing it for a while!...she's tried to throw me off a building."

"Well, that was in hero training, and Tokoyami helped you." Kirishima picked a side he didn't even know was real. Denki blew a raspberry at him. "But, that's not the point- Bakugo...you, well, you do flirt with her. And remember I-island?"

"Of course I remember that, shitty hair, fucking villains ambushed it." Bakugo's irk mark appeared.

"Well, dude..my bro...homie...the tension was high, and I'm pretty sure she flirted back to you." Kirishima coughed.

"Bullshit, it's how she acts you fucking losers." Bakugo stood up, trudging away.

"...is it though? Remember how you were at each other's throats the first day you met? I mean, you still are...but, like, I'm a different way." Denki tried to find the words to describe it, but failed...terribly.

"You don't know jack shit!" Bakugo yelled before he heard a loud whistle and then the thundering footsteps and then the zooming body of Uggie running towards Mina at full force and not stopping.

As the ash blond walked over and stood near the girls as he watched Mina effortlessly try to get rid of the dog who was licking her face, he noticed how you were smirking, madly.

"What did she do?" He asked with a grunt.

"She was being Mina." You shrugged. If you told him what was really the cause of it, you wouldn't be able to look him in the eyes ever again.

"Fair enough."

Everyone when both Yn and Bakugo denied like each other, but instantly went to flirt with each other.

Okay, I'm so sorry that this chapter is such lazy writing, but I'm back in school now and I kinda need to get good grades or else I'm screwed bc I crave academic validation

Okay, I'm so sorry that this chapter is such lazy writing, but I'm back in school now and I kinda need to get good grades or else I'm screwed bc I crave academic validation. The writing won't suck for long, but this need to be written and published.