Alternate ending (Jay)

Melody's Pov

Melody's Pov

"Melody". I hear a familiar voice call out my name. A ray of light shines in, and I feel someone's warmth.

I slowly open my eyes as someone squeezes my hands. Jay is there, looking at me with a smile.

We made it back to the real world! It's all over! Finally!

The corner of my eyes start to burn. "Jay...".

Jay leans in towards my face, eyebrows furrowed. He was so close. "Eh? Hey, What's with those tears? It's over. Come on, let me see a smile", He pinches my cheeks.

"Ow, ay, dat huts..."

Jay releases my cheeks and we share a smile. "You need plenty of looking after." He continues to lean down, and I can feel his breath tickling my cheek.

What is he doing? Is he going to kiss me?

"But..". His palm grazes over my head, pushing my hair backward. After that, his lips press against my forehead in a warm kiss. "You did well, Melody." He looks at me with a tender gaze as warm as sunshine.

I don't think I have ever seen such a soft expression on Jay's face before.

"T-Thanks". My cheeks start to grow hot, but I can't pull away from his stare.

He'll know I am blushing but I can't hide the fact that he made me happy with that acknowledgement. I feel the heat spread across my face, and Jay backs away with a chuckle.

"You really can't hide your feelings. They're written all over your face."

"Hey! That's not a bad thing you know!"

I get to my feet. Out of the corner of my eye, I see Sunghoon do the same.

At the same time, one of the machines attached to Heeseung's body starts going off with an alarm.

"What's happening?"

We rush to Heeseung's side and Jay studies the machine for a moment. His expression is grave. I gently hold Heeseung's hand.

Heeseung, please

Just like an answered prayer, Heeseung's eyes scrunch. "Heeseung! Can you hear me?". His eyelids flutter, as if in response. They open slowly, like the wings of a butterfly.

My eyes widen, seeing him finally opening his eyes after such a long time in coma.

"Heh. Hey guys", Heeseung smiles softly. This reminded me of when I first met him in the nightmare world. Except, it's totally different. This time, we were meeting under much happier circumstances.