Chapter 16

They find Jake waiting for them outside the library

"Jake! Did you wait long?", Melody asked. "Nah, I just got here, actually", He shooks his head.

"So how'd it go?", Jay asks. "Say whaaaat!?", Jake locks Jay's head in his arms. "What's this? Were you worried about little old me?".

"As if!", Jay tries to get the hands off him, however Jake does not move. In fact, he just holds Jay close, as if hugging him.

"What's the deal with these boneheads?", Sunghoon acts as if he was annoyed, but there was a little smile playing on his lips.

It was kind of endearing to watch them.

Jake continues," I didn't get anything out of my folks, but i have to thank them for telling me the truth."

Then he releases Jay from his hold and looks at each of them. "You know, my folks cried when i asked them. They said they were afraid I'd run away looking for my real parents if i knew the truth. My parents are really sweet people so it was a shock at first."

"But i feel relieved now. At least this clears up some questions I had. Besides it doesn't matter if we're related by blood or not. No matter what anyone says, we're still family."

Jake looks at Melody for agreement.

"Yeah, you're right", She smiles and gives him a nudge.

"We're just beginning to find answers. Come on!", Jay leads them up the stairs as he look at his watch. "We don't have much time, so we should cover as much ground as possible."

It won't be long until the nightfall. Melody clenches her fist, resisting the fear.

"I'll go look at medical journals for things related to memory and mind manupulation", said Jay.

"Okay, i think I'll have more luck accessing old archives from the web", Jake says.

Sunghoon and Melody look at each other.

"Melody and i will go through some books and newspapers", Sunghoon replied.

"Good. Write and copy anything you find useful", Jay mutters.

"Roger"

♡♤♡

"Ugh... There's so much", Melody looks around the aisle Sunghoon and she walked through.

"We don't need to look at everything", Sunghoon replies. "We only need to look for books published locally."

"You're right. Narrowing it down to relevant stuff makes it easier."

Sunghoon takes out a piece of paper, glances at it, then looks around the area.

"What's that?", She asks curious.