Chapter 33

Melody wakes up under a red starless sky

Melody wakes up under a red starless sky. Something soft twitches against her fingers, and she looks down to see her hands clasped against Sunghoon's.

He seemed to take his time waking up, and she takes a moment to watch him sleeping. He looks so peaceful like an angel. Sunghoon is kind, thoughtful and has incredible perseverance. How can anyone despise him just because of his eyes?

She gives his hand a gentle squeeze, and his fingers start to relax.

Out of the corner, she sees Jay jog towards them. Clearly, he's been up for longer than they have. "What's wrong? Is he still asleep?".

"No—"

"I'm up", Sunghoon yawns, unperturbed.

"You two took longer to wake up than usual", Jay frowns. "It's kind of concerning."

"Why?", She asks.

Jay clicks his tongue, looking around," I don't know exactly. But i think we are getting used to being here."

"What if....What if one day, we don't ever wake up in here?", Sunghoon mutters.

"Who knows. The faster we get rid of the monster, the better", Jay sighs. They couldn't risk sleeping in the nightmare world forever. But all they had to gain Sunghoon's memories, right? Surely it won't come to that....

If the nightmare world continues to exist even after Sunghoon regains his memories, then they were not sure what they're going to do. When they die here, they die in real life. But if we just fall into a deep sleep? What will our real lives be like? A coma?

Suddenly, it hits her. "Heeseung? Where is he?". She turns to find the swing empty, swaying gently in the breeze.

"I've looked around the courtyard and found nothing", Jay says. "I waited for you guys to wake up so we could search together."

"Let's go, then", Sunghoon replies. "Atleast, there's a bit of good news, we can tell him."

They find themselves walking towards the underground passage with no clue as to where Heeseung might be. Nightmares, or not, this place still gives her creeps. The sound of their footsteps are the only thing that breaks the silence.

Where is Heeseung? What if he's already dead, and we wake up only to find him cold...

Suddenly she feels something warm touch her back as she jumps.

"Sorry, did i scare you?", Sunghoon blinks awkwardly. "I'm sure Heeseung is here somewhere." He gently strokes her back.

Melody nods slowly. "I know it'll be okay. I was just overthinking things."

His eyes showed concern for her. Looking at them calmed her nerves. "Something wrong?."

"No, just thinking how much i like your eyes".