Chapter 2

"Eheheeheee"

"Eheheeheee"

Suddenly the door of the room creaks open. A little girl with red hair stands in front of the door. "Ehehe do you want to come with me to play?"

"Who are you?", Jay asks the little girl but she keeps on laughing, quite creepily.

"Maybe she wants us to follow her", Ari suggests, slowly getting up from her place and looking intently at the little girl appearing before them. Her eyes looked somewhat vacant.

"A-Ari w-wait!", Melody whispers, finding something strange.

"Do you know where we are?", Ari asks but the little girl smiles and turns away to leave. "No wait!". Before anybody could stop her, Ari had already run after the little girl and was out of sight.

Just when Jay was about to speak, a shrill cry of fright was heard.

"AAAHHHHHHHHH!!!"

"That was A-Ari", Melody stutters, and gets to her feet to go after her when Jake holds her arm.

"Let's not do anything rash", He says nervously. "Please don't be reckless".

"We have no idea what we're dealing with at the moment", Jay adds on to his statement. "The best thing we could do right now is stick together."

They both were right. Nothing good could come from trying to go alone. Melody calms down and tries to get a hold of herself.

Jake lets go of her arm as Jay explains," We all came here scared and confused, so let's do what we can do for each other."

Melody nods, her hands shaking," Okay. I just hope A-Ari's alright."

"Right. Let's do what we can do. Take what you can to protect yourself", Jay mutters, as he grabs the hammer lying in a corner.

Everyone cautiously walk out of the door and arm themselves with odd objects.

"What am I gonna do with this book, whack someone on the head with knowledge?", Jake grumbles.

"You can use it on yourself too", Jay replies honestly.

Melody sighs and looks over sunghoon holding a plunger in odd way," Hey sunghoon, you okay there?".

He just nods.

"Everyone stay in line", Jay whispers, as they all cautiously trudge through darkness.

Suddenly, a horrendous crunching sound echoes. They nod silently and apprehensively, turning around the corner of the hallway...

"No...", Melody gasps at the sight.

A human leg was on the floor, all bloodied. In front of it, stood a terrifyingly hideous monster. "Hungrrrryyyyy", It growled.

"What the hell----", Jake whisper-yelled.

"Mommy...i am hungry...", the monsters mutters and moans.

The dismembered leg moves as if being pulled by someone. "Help me...mommy i am hungry", the monster mutters and moves revealing Ari's body soaking in blood.

"N-No", Melody covers her mouth with her hand to keep herself from shouting.

"That's-", Jay looked stunned at what he was seeing.

Before them was a hideous creature. It's teeth sharp and bloody. The sound of the monster's teeth munching and grinding echoes through the hallway.

Ari lies dead, but the space beside her unfolds in bright light. Just a moment ago, the girl who was happily going on about her boyfriend was dead. Everyone was probably thinking the same thing.

Unable to accept the fact right in front of them, they just stare at Ari's massacred body.

Suddenly a strange mist appears next to the body, and a little girl materializes from the mist. There is the little girl, smiling happily as she runs to arms of a man," Father...Heeeheh". "Ari, you're looking well", the man smiles.

"Ari? What the heck is going on?", Melody in confusion, turns to look at jay.

"Does this mean that these were Ari's childhood memories all this time?", Jay gasps.

Ari and the man she calls 'Father' are smiling happily. Their smiles were a contrast to the tragedy everyone saw on the ground.

"Are we being shown her memories?", Jake questions.

"Hmm...maybe...but now", Jay whispers, as he glares at the monster. The monster scowls at them like they're next.

"We should get out of here!", Sunghoon shouts.

The guys immediately start running, but melody's legs start to tremble. She tries to take a step back, as the monster approaches.

"What are you doing!? We gotta get out off here", Jay yells, noticing that she wasn't running with them.

Melody grits her teeth and turns around. Mustering all her strength to resist crying, she starts to follow them.

"Hurry Melody!", Jay stretches out his hand for her, as she runs fast to catch up.

But right after she reaches out to take his hand,

"Ah!"

The bells start to ring and sleepiness overtakes her.

"No I can't fall asleep now", she shakes her head, but the ringing goes louder and her eyes close shut.

The last thing she felt was the brush of Jay's skin on her fingertips.

♡♤♡

"𝐀𝐧𝐝 𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐟𝐨𝐫 𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐧𝐞𝐰𝐬..."

Melody was awakened by the sounds of sirens blaring. "Hmm?", She rubs her eyes and looks around. "Did i sleep here?"

"𝐀 𝐲𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐰𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐥𝐢𝐟𝐞𝐥𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠", the news from the T.V. keeps playing as she tries to recall what happened last night.

" 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐭𝐢𝐦, 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐫𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 ---"

Melody freezes hearing the name. "Ari?". She immediately grabs the remote and turns the volume up.

" 𝐉𝐮𝐧𝐠 𝐀𝐫𝐢 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐟𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐫𝐚𝐢𝐧 𝐝𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐢𝐧 𝐡𝐞𝐫 𝐩𝐚𝐫𝐭𝐧𝐞𝐫'𝐬 𝐛𝐞𝐝𝐫𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐨𝐫𝐧𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐜𝐢𝐫𝐜𝐮𝐦𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞𝐬 𝐫𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐫𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐫𝐢𝐨𝐮𝐬 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐜𝐮𝐫𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐭𝐥𝐲 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐢𝐧𝐯𝐞𝐬𝐭𝐢𝐠𝐚𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐛𝐲 𝐥𝐨𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐢𝐜𝐞."

Melody stares hard at the television, her heart beating fast. "She was in my dream!", She exclaims, and stands there with her mouth agape.

"There's no way this is all a coincidence. But wasn't that just a bad dream?".

An indescribable feeling of dread shudders through her body.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━

Author's note

No but i actually thought that the monster had some mommy kink or something.