Chapter 8

After finishing the meal, Sunghoon pays for the treat, and they head back to the fountain

Ten'o clock. Right on the dot, Jay shows up. She couldn't mistake him, even from afar. He is wearing his signature university jacket. "Is it just you two?", He asks.

"It seems so", she replies.

Jay clicks his tongue, and he looks at his watch. It's only been a few minutes, but Jay's already impatient. Seeing how he came right on time, she guessed he hates being kept waiting. He didn't even sit down. Sunghoon, on the other hand, doesn't seem to mind.

"Seriously, which part of ten in the morning, didn't they understand?"Jay groans.

"Let's wait a bit more. I'm sure they'll come"

Jay folds his arms, and she leans in trying to get a good look at him. He seems very similar to the Jay she knows in the Nightmare world. Well of course they're the same person. But the atmosphere surrounding him now...

"Goshh we are wasting time." Yup this is definitely Jay. "Let's go", He turns to leave, but as Sunghoon and Melody stand from their seat, they hear a voice in the distance.

"Heeeeey!"

They see Jake dashing towards them, the same bright smile even magnificent in the light of the day. He halts, bending down as he catches his breath. "Were you really going to leave without me?"

"You are late", said Jay.

"Just ten minutes, geez!", Jake replied back. Then he laughed, standing up straight. "Wow! Look at you guys. I can't believe we're all here." In a high spirits as ever, Jake is not a bit different from how they met him in the Nightmare world. He's kind of obnoxious, but his presence always lightens up the atmosphere. But...

"What about Heeseung?", Melody asks. They all look at her. "You all didn't forget about him, right? We should wait for him."

"Hey! So you'll wait for Heeseung, but you weren't going to wait for me?", Jake throws a tantrum. "Alright, Melody. i see how it is."

"Okay, okay". Playing along with his sarcasm, she lightly pats him on the cheek.

They decide to wait for Heeseung in the park for an hour.

"I guess it's no use waiting for someone we're not sure is coming. We only met him last night and we didn't get much from him either", Jay sighs.

"He could be dead....", Sunghoon mutters, and Melody was taken aback for a bit," C-come on don't stay stuff like that." He shrugs nonchalantly," It's not impossible."

"Hmm. But if he died, we would have gotten some news this morning", Jake's words offer her some relief.

"Let's do what we can now. If he's just lazy about coming here, then we should just get moving", Jay walks off.