Chapter 13

Heeseung and Melody walk along the city holding hands

Heeseung and Melody walk along the city holding hands. As they walk, she tells him about her memories.

"I had no idea your past was this painful. You are truly amazing, being able to overcome your past like that. And to think that we knew each other all this time...Man, now i really want to get my memories back", Heeseung says cheerfully. His genuine smile makes her feel happy too.

The streets feels familiar to her now that she seems to have regained her memories.

"I've never seen people here before", Melody says, glancing at the crowd ahead. "They're always here but they never talk to me", Heeseung mutters.

They pass by the crowd, and the people seem to just be aimlessly wandering.

Melody wondered what Heeseung thinks. He considers this his home, afterall. He's all alone in this world. Did he ever felt uneasy about this or found it strange? She glanced at him curious,"Didn't you think it was weird?".

"I did at first, but i can't really do anything about it. Still, this is what I know to be my reality. You don't have to feel sorry for me."

She didn't say anything more and just squeezed his hand.

Circling around, Heeseung and Melody find themselves in an awfully familiar neighborhood. She sets her sight on the rows of houses.

"Ah..."

"Are you okay?"

She noticed him wincing, trying his best to lift his wounded shoulder. He was okay earlier, but now he looks pale.

Heeseung swings his hands, and the ground is stained with droplets of crimson.

"Oh no! You are bleeding again!", Melody immediately turns pale at the sight of the deep red drops. She had to do something. Suddenly, she thinks of a place where they can get medical tools and a place to rest.

"Melody, i am fine. I just-"

"That's it. Don't worry you will be able to rest in a jiffy. Follow me".

Heeseung blinks as she pulls him gently. She applies pressure on his wound until they reach an old cottage at the end of the street.

"We're here", She stands looking at the house in front of her, feeling a slight ache in her heart.

"Where are we?, He asks.

"I used to live here" before my father abandoned me. She pulls his hand to bring him inside.

But just as Melody is about to step inside, she stops in her tracks. She was scared...

"Melody...", Heeseung calls out to her worriedly.

This is the place where she was born. The place where her father and mother raised her. But they abandoned her even though they so lovingly took care of her. She was absolutely terrified to go in there. To set foot in a place, where she was showered with fake love.

Heeseung squeezes her hand reassuringly. "Melody, you don't have to do this. There's something about this place that makes you feel uncomfortable, right?". He smiles at her. He obviously understands how she's feeling.

But she had no choice. She can't be held back by the past. She had to focus on what she can do now.

"Come on, let's go inside", She takes him by the waist, and he doesn't resist.

"I am absolutely sorry about this."

"Don't be. I am one who should apologize. Sit righ here and rest. I'll be right back".

He plops slowly to the sofa and she dashes to open the cabinet. "Where is it?", She opens a drawer, looking for the first aid kit. "Found it!". She hurries back to the living room where the latter is and finds him with his eyes closed.

"Heeseung?"

"Yah! Heeseung! Open your eyes."

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━