Chapter 10

Melody slightly opens her eyes against the dim light

"You are finally back!".

She hears a familiar voice. A figure appears in her hazy vision, and she blinks several times to see the face she's been wondering about. "H-Heeseung?".

"You remembered", He smiles at her sweetly as she sits up. "You guys disappeared all of a sudden."

She looks around to find Jay, Sunghoon and Jake scattered on the floor. Soon the room echoes with their voices, groaning as they regain their bearings.

"Well, Adderall sure didn't work", Jake sighs in disappointment. Jay nods," This world forced itself in our dreams."

"Are you guys alright?", Heeseung looks over all of them with concern. "I've been waiting for all of you."

The reply picks Melody's ears as she stared at him without blinking. "Didn't you wake up in the real world?".

"Real world?". His face doesn't shows it, but Heeseung is clearly confused.

"Yeah we waited for you to come meet us this morning. You remember what Jay said, didn't you? We were supposed to meet at the fountain", Jake added to the girl's words.

Heeseung frowned, "Yes i heard that. That's why i went to the plaza but you guys weren't there." His words sent shiver through everyone's body.

"Wait, what do you mean?"

"I hardly ever go out so i don't actually know the names of the places around here. But i went to the fountain down the street and found nothing", he explained.

"Maybe you showed up late?". Jake takes a sideways glance at Jay," See, i told you we should've waited for him."

Jay folds his arms," Something's not right."

Heeseung gives a pleading look towards Melody. She questions," What time did you come to the plaza again? Did you by any chance came late or something...?."

"What time?", Heeseung tilts his head in confusion. "Hey Heeseung", Jay calls out to get his attention, and he shifts gaze from her to Jay.

"What is it?".

"What does the real world look like to you?".

Heeseung looks down in thought for a moment. Then he gently lifts his head. "I still don't understand what you're getting at. What do you mean by the real world? Isn't this the real world?."

Everyone was suprised at the response.

"Do you really mean that ?", asked Jake. Heeseung nods," Why would you think i am joking?."

"Didn't you fall asleep along with us? Didn't you wake up in a different room?", She inquired, trying not to gasp. "In a different place, under a blue morning sky?."