Prologue

Melody Pov

Melody Pov

"Ahh...Why did the professor give us so much homework?", Sunoo mutters, frantically raking his fingers through his hair. "I wanted to spend the weekend shopping, not answering some stupid assignments!!!".

"I wanted to catch up on my drama series too!", I sighed, adding to his statement.

We talked about our weekend plans and whined about our projects until we reached the intersection.

"Well, I'm going this way today", Sunoo adds, pointing at the 7-Eleven store in a distance. "You know part-time duties", He shrugs.

"Alright. See you."

I wave goodbye as he crosses the intersection.

Sunoo and I have been friends since the start of my university classes. Most of my old friends moved far away to study after graduation. We do talk in online, but....

It makes me feel lonely sometimes.

As I was walking towards home, the thought of my childhood memories comes to my mind.

My memories are hazy. I don't remember any of my friends from back then. All i get is the feeling that, something is missing. I don't recall much. To be honest, I don't remember any of them.
Did i have friends or did I play with toys like other kids? Sometimes I find myself thinking about this, and a feeling of emptiness engulfs me.

"I'm home!", I exclaim as I shut the main door. "Welcome home!", Mom yells back, from a different location, probably kitchen.

"Something smells good", I whisper to myself.

"Isn't it nice?", Dad asks, sitting on the sofa and watching me hang my ID card on the hook.

"Your mom's making curry and you wouldn't want to miss this one out. So shooo shoo wash up fast kiddo", He grins, and points towards my room.

I head towards my room, chuckling on the way.

Yes, the feeling of emptiness does hits me from time to time but i guess when my parents are with me-

I forget it for the time being.

♡♤♡

After my parents go back to bed, I stay behind in the living room. I cast a peek at the clock which shows 9:55 p.m.

"Oh, just a bit more", I lightly slap my face with both hands to keep my spirits up. "Melody, you can't sleep right now. You've been waiting for this episode for one whole week."

I climb onto the sofa and curl up in one corner as I watch the T.V commercials run.

"Mmm", i hum as i slowly feel my eyelids getting heavy.

No....

I blink rapidly, enlarging my pupils as much as I can. I need to know what happens in the drama. But the television starts to distort, the images askew on the screen.

From out of nowhere, a ringing of bell seemingly echoes in my ears.

What's this sound?

My vision grows in a haze, and all I can see is a bright light.

What is...this...i don't want to fall asleep...

Despite my efforts to fight it, I find myself gradually drifting into a doze. And before I know, I am fast asleep.

My eyes close shut.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━