Chapter 26

Melody's Pov

Melody's Pov

"Where am I?", I mumble to myself, as i find children sitting in the garden. They're all laughing and sharing each other's toys.

"Hey let's play hide and seek"

"Great idea! I'll be it!"

One child turns away, fiddling with toys. That's Jake. Jake's brother pouts at him, but then Jay decides to close his eyes and starts the game. "One, two, three..."

"Jay's counting! Let's go!"

This must be a dream. This brings back so many memories. I feel like i'm having a good dream for a change.

I watch my younger self run to a certain spot. But then she stops. "Oh no. Where do I hide?".

"Eight, nine..."

"Come with me", Without anywhere to go, the young girl runs with her friend.

Ah...i remember. Heeseung and I hid in the old shack that day. It was so much fun. Sweet, gentle Heeseung. What are you hiding behind that mask? Did you know what was going to happen to us?

"Mel! wake up"

"Hmm?", I open my eyes to find Sunghoon staring at me with a worried expression. I turn my head to see Jay sitting by the window, writing something.

"You didn't wake up right away", Sunghoon speaks. "Oh... I was having a dream", I replied.

"A dream?"

"Yeah a dream of when we were kids. It was about Heeseung. I didn't realise we could dream here in the nightmare world". I try to get up but my muscles are so weak that i almost drop right back onto the floor. But Sunghoon's strong hands keep me from falling.

"Are you feeling okay?"

"Yeah, i just feel a bit dizzy". But i was fine, wasn't i?. "Maybe because i just woke up."

Jay looks concerned as he stares at me. "Hmm...well anyway, just stay here until you feel better."

At any rate, i don't think i am sick. Maybe it's because of the dream. Slowly, i start to return to my dream. For some reason, that time we were playing hide-and-seek stands out so clearly in my mind.

"Jay won't find us in here", Heeseung smiles. "Phew. You sure saved me. I didn't know where to hide.", i replied.

"You're such an amateur", He says and sits next to me. "You're lucky I'm the hide-and-seek master!".