Chapter 4

Melody sits up and glances at the three young men before her

Melody sits up and glances at the three young men before her. Everyone was here. Seeing them kind of relieved her anxiety.

"Hey? Are you okay?", Sunghoon asks as she nods silently.

The very next moment the tear she had been holding back finally lets loose as it rolls down her cheek.

"Oh my god. Are you crying?", Jake immediately rushes to her side. "Don't crowd her space", Jay shooks his head and looks over her. "Are you hurt anywhere?".

She wipes her tears and chuckles," Nah i am good."

Jay nods hesitantly, then he points towards a room," From now let's head back to the room we originally appeared in."

As they reach the room, and hurdle around the same seats they sat back before, Jake begins," So i thought about this the whole day."

"Yeah i know....if we die here, we die in the real world", said Sunghoon.

"Whether this is all real or just a dream i don't know but by the looks of it, he's probably right" Jay sighs and adds," We also don't know when this nightmare is going to end. Well let's just call this 'Nightmare world' for now."

"Nightmare world", Melody murmurs coldly.

"Sleeping and dreaming are functions of the central nervous system. Ari's passing because of a severe brain injury can justify that.", Jay explains, being the medical student he is.

Sunghoon cups his chin in thought.

"What's wrong sunghoon?", Melody asks, noticing his silence.

"This feels some kind of game. We're up against something we don't know. And we'll win as long as we stay alive", Sunghoon says, as Melody looks at him in disbelief. Is he really treating whether he lives or dies like it's a game? Is he not scared? What a strange guy. Is he just carefree or plain stupid?

"That's a light-hearted way to look at it, but the setting is so ominous that i am not having fun at all!", Jake says and laughs at his own stupid joke.

"Get real guys, Do you think this is some kind of a joke? You could all die here", Jay exclaims, as he snaps everyone back to reality.

Jake looks like Jay just slapped him.

"We don't know anything about this world. If we're going to survive, we need to learn everything we can about this place", Jay adds.

Melody nods," You're right. It's a little scary, but if we don't explore outside, we won't get anywhere. We don't know what's outside of this building, so why don't we start by taking a look outside?".

The very thought of opening the door and seeing that monster send shivers down everybody's spine.

Melody was deep inside anxious about what will change by them finding out more about this world. As if reading her thoughts, Jay pats her on the head," Right. To borrow your analogy we will win this game.No matter what..."

Jake nods, eyes lighting up. A slight smile even seems to slide across Sunghoon's face.

With the positive atmosphere, they decided to explore what they began to call The Nightmare World.

━━━━━━ ◦ ❖ ◦ ━━━━━━